• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mill St Warwick

cookie273uk

master brummie
Mill_St_Warwick_001.JPG
normal_Mill_St_Warwick_001.JPG
Mill St Warwick

Last edited:
Loved your painting of Mill Street, have you been down to the gardens at the far end of the street? Lovely garden and you can see the ruins of the old bridge into the Castle from the banks of the garden. We haven't been for a while but always enjoyed visiting it.

Hello Sylvia, Yes, I saw the Gardens. I was asked to do a series of paintings of Warwick some years ago so spent a few days wandering all over Warwick looking for suitable subjects and wandered round the gardens, although I did not paint them. Have attached another Warwick painting of St Mary's after a heavy shower, I tend to paint buildings rather than gardens or flower, but I occassionally combine the two. Eric

Last edited:
I so love your paintings cookie....:):):).. more so as the scenes are all local to me..Mill st. is just around the corner from my home....
These were taken yesterday..

izabellanne, glad you like my paintings, Warwick has provided many subjects for me over the years, particular winter time my favourite "painting" season. have done paintings of Warwick Castle under snow in the 1980s, unfortunately I sold them without taking photographic records, something I always do now. I find I have all the subject matter I need within an hours travelling of where I live. Eric

eric have you seen the artwork by the 6year old boy kieron williamson. it is in the daily mirror today. he does watercolours. they are amazing and totally unbelievable for a 6 year old child to have done. :)

Shera I have not bought a paper for years but a friend of mine has the Mirror delivered I will ask her to save it for me Thanks Eric

Shera, have just observed the lads watercolours, incredible, just hope he can keep that lovely fresh loose style as he matures. Eric

Back