• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Miles Street

Hi John
yes you are right it was in Bordesly area. If you type Elm Grove in the top search box which ran off Miles Street you will find maps and photos of the area
keith

Hi John, This 1940's map shows the location of Miles Street, its in the centre of the map.

Attachments

• map Saltley Duddeston Small Heath.JPG
    map Saltley Duddeston Small Heath.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 77
Hi John the photo,s are about 1975, I think miles st disappeared around 1989 early 90,s with the creation of small heath bypass, if you search for bordesley park road you may find other photo,s as it was at the end of miles st all the best michael

Here is a picture of The Horse and Jockey pub that was on the corner of Bordesley Park road and Miles street. The Miles Street sign is above the left hand window, the picture was taken c1978, both the pub and street went when the Small Heath by pass was buit in the 1980s.

hj2.jpg

My grandparents on mom's side, John Sheldon & Florence helen Butler, lived at N° 14 Beach Grove, Miles Street, where their youngest child, Beatrice Mary Jane Sheldon, died on the 11th June 1915 aged 11 months of convulsions. John Sheldon was at this time a POW in Germany.

Re: 2 pics of Miles st post by mhemery

The 2nd photo with the cars - My Nan and a couple of my Aunts used to live in one of the maisonnettes on the right hand side. She was one of the last to leave before they pulled them all down.

Re: 2 pics of Miles st post by mhemery

The 2nd photo with the cars - My Nan and a couple of my Aunts used to live in one of the maisonnettes on the right hand side. She was one of the last to leave before they pulled them all down.

Thanks Ashley. My father was born in Miles Street in 1915.

Back