• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

June 2016 edition Mikejee’s Balsall Heath As It Was article

Glarney

Proper Brummie Kid
Just wanted to draw the Forum's attention to Mike Jee's excellent article in the June issue of Carl Chinn's Brummagem, based on photographs he took of the area back in the early 1970s. The article is very well written, and obviously contains the results of a great deal of background research into the streets and their residents. Although I am familiar with Balsall Heath, I have now learnt something knew about the area and what it was like there in days gone by.

Back