• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Microsoft office

bilsat

master brummie
I cleaned out a lot of rubbish to gain more memory and now when I try to go to Word I get:
the application failed to initalize properly (OxcOOOOOO5) click ok to terminate the application
and at the bottom of the screen:
WINWORD.EXE
I cant find the disc for office as it was put on several years ago.
I use microsoft XP
Can anyone workout what is
missing and can I just type it in? :(:(

Hi Bilsat, I think we might need a bit more information to help sort this one out. When you say you had a cleanout to gain more memory space are you sure you did not mean “disk space”? What exactly did you do? Did you run any Registry Cleaner or Disk Cleaning software? If so what was the name of the program? What version of Microsoft Office is installed?

You could try system restore to a date before you made the changes. Just go into control panel then performance and maintenance and system restore is on the top left hand side of screen (in case you didn't know).

I agree with Nickcc, System restore should do the trick, it's best to set a restore date before doing any changes to your pc so if it goes pearshaped you can always get your previous settings back.

Chucka

I tried to go back with system restore but it wouldn't go back to July so I used the earliest one but still the same.
The version of Office I dont know as it was installed a long time ago, I think it's 2003.
The computer said that the hard drive was almost full and to remove any old software so I used Control Panels "Add or remove programs" and recovered sufficient for the programs to run.
Everything else works ok except Word!
Someone loaned me a copy of Office and I ran it and Word then worked and I thought that it was ok but since shutting the computer down after an update to the anti-virus It's back to before with the same message.The borrowed copy was 2002 and its since gone back.............

Back