• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mewis, Sarah 1835 - 1905

lesg128

george 1st
Looking for Mewis, Sarah b1835-1905. Father was Joseph Mewis 1803-1850.

lesg128

Last edited:
not much info to go on and dont know if you know but ancestry is free all over the easter bank holiday

hope this helps

lyn

A search on Ancestry will find her on 1841, with Mother Hannah and Father Joseph. It might be more interesting to search for yourself as it is free but if necessary I will provide the info. She is also on the 1851 census with her Mother and 8 siblings but no Father listed. After that, of course, she is Sarah Green

Looking for Mewis, Sarah b1835-1905. Father was Joseph Mewis 1803-1850.

lesg128
Hi, I've just come across this site and registered. Joseph Mewis was my 3 x great grandfather, and my line is through Sarah's younger sister Harriet Mewis born in 1842. I have been trying to confirm the biological father of Harriet's eldest child Sarah Ann, who was my great grandmother. Harriet Mewis married William Hollier, but she had Sarah Ann out of wedlock before meeting William.
With regards to Joseph Mewis from Castle Bromwich, he was married to Hannah Freeman, and it would seem that they had 10 children.

Hi Trixie58

Welcome to this marvellous site!
I have a Harriet Mewis b17 Jan 1838 Aston, Birmingham in my Family Tree . She is a cousin 3 times removed
She wed a William Hollier in 1837 Birmingham. They had quite a number of children .
I have to dash out now but will be in touch later.
Regards
Les Green

Last edited:
Trixie58
Hi Again
Are you aware that Joseph Mewis 1804 your 3 X Gt Grandad was killed in a railway accident in 1850? An inquest was held at The Fox and Goose pub 1850.
Joseph Mewis's dau, Sarah Mewis B1835 Yardley, Birmingham was my Gt Grandmother. She wed Thomas William Green 15 April 1860 Aston Juxta. We are related!!
Complications!! Joseph B1804 also had another daughter called Harriet Born abt 1843 Aston, she went on to marry a
Joseph Summerton, B1843 in Warwickshire. Date 1860 Aston. They had 5 children.
If you have access to a computer you could email me at <[email protected]>
Regards
Les Green

Trixie58
Hi Again
Are you aware that Joseph Mewis 1804 your 3 X Gt Grandad was killed in a railway accident in 1850? An inquest was held at The Fox and Goose pub 1850.
Joseph Mewis's dau, Sarah Mewis B1835 Yardley, Birmingham was my Gt Grandmother. She wed Thomas William Green 15 April 1860 Aston Juxta. We are related!!
Complications!! Joseph B1804 also had another daughter called Harriet Born abt 1843 Aston, she went on to marry a
Joseph Summerton, B1843 in Warwickshire. Date 1860 Aston. They had 5 children.
If you have access to a computer you could email me at <[email protected]>
Regards
Les Green

Hi, I've just come across this site and registered. Joseph Mewis was my 3 x great grandfather, and my line is through Sarah's younger sister Harriet Mewis born in 1842. I have been trying to confirm the biological father of Harriet's eldest child Sarah Ann, who was my great grandmother. Harriet Mewis married William Hollier, but she had Sarah Ann out of wedlock before meeting William.
With regards to Joseph Mewis from Castle Bromwich, he was married to Hannah Freeman, and it would seem that they had 10 children.

The Harriet Mewis that married William Hollier appears to be the daughter of a William Mewis (not Joseph) and a Charlotte Whittall.

As Les says the Harriet Mewis daughter of Joseph marries Thomas Summerton.

Hi Trixie58
Hope you got my message O.K.
A bit more information for you.
I have a photo of Sarah Mewis
Les Green

Back