• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Metropolitan Road, Saltley

Paul33

master brummie
Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place but my father was born at 9 Metropolitan Road, Saltley in the 1930s and I would love to see any images of this small road ..... as would my father who is struggling to remember much about it !

Does anybody have any photos or can point me at any or any information on Metropolitan Road ?

hi paul i have moved this to the neighbours and streets section of the forum for you....must admit i have never heard of this road before...i will ask around for any photos of it for you and will post them if i have any luck

all the best

lyn

Hi Paul

I'm afraid I can't help you much, as far as I can make out Metropolitan Rd disappeared sometime in the 50's possibly because the Saltley Carriage Works extended I have never seen a photo other than those of a similar type to what I'm posting here showing the High Street entrance to the works with Metropolitan Road running off to the right.

The road itself ran from the beginning (or end of Saltley Viaduct depending on your point of view) and joined up with Gate St and Clayton Rd at the back of the High Street as seen on the map.

Attachments

• Saltley High St Metro Works.jpg
    Saltley High St Metro Works.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Saltley High St 1917.JPG
    Saltley High St 1917.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 25
Back