• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Metro progress 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashing pictures ellbrown. But then your pics are always good! Your comments about people ignoring notices reminded me of the day at Warwick when we were going into the town. There was a 'No Entry' sign for traffic on one of the routes so we duly walked along the other one. Then we realised that we weren't in the car....

Last edited:
It's for their own safety. I think only the southbound lanes on Paradise Circus is open to cars. But they get stopped at traffic lights. Also cars should not drive on tram only roads, as if the driver can't read "TRAM ONLY NO ENTRY".

Today I've noticed the other end to 54 Hagley Road. They have started to dig up the pavement and have put pink barriers up.

Pink Midland Metro Alliance barriers on the Hagley Road. Near Morrisons.

Near 54 Hagley Road which will be the end of the line / terminus from 2021.

Wolverhampton Metro extension as of late December 2019. As with my last visit in March 2019, the tracks don't go further than Railway Drive, at least until the Wolverhampton Railway Station redevelopment is completed. Only then can they lay more tracks closer to the station.

The extension leaves Bilston Street at Pipers Row.

The current terminus is still Wolverhampton St George's Tram Stop on Bilston Street.

Heading up Pipers Row in Wolverhampton towards the bus station.

Site of Pipers Row Tram Stop. It's to the left of Wolverhampton Bus Station.

From the platform closest to the bus station.

Towards the Express & Star.

Railway Drive near the Wolverhampton Interchange.

The line stops here on the bridge.

Can't go further until Wolverhampton Station is completed.

Last edited:
Checked the timetable and waited for the tram yesterday in Stephenson Street and got on with several other people to go up Pinfold Streeet. It was on time but the conductor announced that tram was terminating there and returning to Wolverhampton! Am I missing something? Apart from a tram that is.

...ell i think viv must have missed your request on post 127...i will now lock this thread to save any further confusement and get all the recents post made transferred to the new thread in due course...link below to the new thread

lyn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back