• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Metro Cammell

AnnieB

master brummie
My cousin in South Africa has recently come across the coin/medal attached which belonged to our grandfather. Is there anyone on here able to tell me if this was issued by MC? We are thinking it may be a medal for some shooting club but is it one to do with MC. Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.IMG_6607.JPGIMG_6608.JPG

Hi Annie

Metropolitan Cammell Sports and Social Club did have a shooting section (Air Rifles)
back in the 1970's/early 80s but I have no idea when this was started.

To the best of my knowledge the company did not use the abbreviation 'Metro'
back in the 1910s , - in 1912 the Company was called Metropolitan Carriage, Wagon
and Finance Co Ltd.

Kind regards
Dave

Hi Annie

Metropolitan Cammell Sports and Social Club did have a shooting section (Air Rifles)
back in the 1970's/early 80s but I have no idea when this was started.

To the best of my knowledge the company did not use the abbreviation 'Metro'
back in the 1910s , - in 1912 the Company was called Metropolitan Carriage, Wagon
and Finance Co Ltd.

Kind regards
Dave
Hi Dave!
Thank you for this info. I have emailed the Birmingham Library, as I believe they have an archived section for Metro-Cammell, and asked if they are able to match it with anything they hold. Other than that, I am at a loss as to what it relates to.
My Dad also worked at MC in the 60's through to the 80's but, unfortunately, he is no longer here to shed any light.

Thank you again.

Back