• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Messrs Fisher, Brown and Bayley

P

poytheboy

Before signing up for the 1st World War my Great Uncle Charles Hood worked at a place called Fisher, Brown, and Bagley.

Is anyone familiar with this company and what kind of work they did?

From 1912 Kellys it seems to by Bayley, not Bagley, unless its a missprint, but it is the same in the 1902 edition.
It was at 118-125 lionel st., and seems to have expanded since 1890, when it was known just as Fisher and Brown (see maps)
entry in kellys

c1912_Fisher_brown___Bailey__lionel_st_A.jpg

Fisher, Brown & Bayley Limited, brass & iron bedstead
1890_Fisher_brown___Bailey__lionel_st_A.jpg
manufacturers,
Lion works, Lionel st. T A "Zealot;"​
: T N 947 Central

Mikejee,

Many thanks for your help. The information I have is taken from a roll of honour. Charles died in Rouen, France in 1917 having twice been wounded in action. There is a misprint with his wifes maiden name so that's probably why there must have been a misprint with the third name.

I can't believe have very knowleagable everyone one is here. Charles was a bedstead maker as was his father, uncles and brothers.

Back