• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Messaging ‘Conversations’ function

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON MESSAGING ANOTHER MEMBER PLEASE GO TO POST #52

I have forgotten how to send a PM to a fellow member - can anyone point me in the right direction please ???

Last edited by a moderator:
click on your name. then click on conversations then click on start new conversation. G

Thank you Grea - I have now sent a PM to a fellow member. It had been so long since I had got in touch with anyone I had a complete memory block....thank you again..

Badpenny,

Click on the person's username, e.g. sospiri, then click on Start a conversation on the popup screen, give your conversation a title and write some text. Then press Start a conversation at the bottom of the page.

Maurice

often thought that would be a useful tool jim but as far as i can see no we cant attach files etc to a PM..mind you dont take my word for that as most know i am not the most technical person in the world:D

lyn

I'm afraid not, Badpenny. However, you can exchange your email addresses privately with other members and attach you files to an email. Never a good idea to put email addresses or phone numbers on the open forum anyway - spammers just love people to do that!

Maurice

I have tried to send a message to a fellow member and the site says that i cannot do so.

Are some members unable to receive pm's for one reason or another?

It might be possible to put a link to an image in the forum's image host (Coppermine) or similar place which can hold images. The link would simply be a line of text.

Hello, can someone tell me how do I find a post which I saved in Drafts and now can't retrieve, please? Thank you.
CHINCH

I didn't know you could save!!! I thought that if you went back to the thread you wold see your message but the type was faint. Click on it and you could add to it or post it

I didn't know you could save!!! I thought that if you went back to the thread you wold see your message but the type was faint. Click on it and you could add to it or post it

Hi, pjmburns, well, I began a conversation , added the title and then forgot how to post the thread so clicked on the symbol for drafts which came up as save or delete draft and I saved it. I then took a look at the forum to see how to post a thread and returned to the conversation but it wasn't anywhere to be seen. The title came up but not the rest of the post I had written! I have now written it again and have just posted it but would be interested to find out what happens to the messages which are saved. Strange!!
Thanks for answering.
CHINCH.

It is best to type your post in 'Notepad' if you use Windows, or in 'Notes' if you use iOS and then save it in your own device.
Then when you want to post it, simply copy the text from 'Notepad' or 'Notes' and paste it to wherever you want to put it on the forum.
I often use this method ...:)

It is best to type your post in 'Notepad' if you use Windows, or in 'Notes' if you use iOS and then save it in your own device.
Then when you want to post it, simply copy the text from 'Notepad' or 'Notes' and paste it to wherever you want to put it on the forum.
I often use this method ...:)

Thanks for this oldMohawk. I can't say I understand any of that but I can have a look at my computer and see if I can find Notepad and have a go. Thanks again. CHINCH.

Notepad is a Windows Accessory and has been in every copy of Windows I can remember. For some reason Microsoft have slightly hidden it in Windows 10.
It is in the C:\Windows folder
Scroll right down until you see notepad.exe in the list.
Right click on it and choose pin to taskbar
A little icon should appear on the taskbar for instant use at anytime
You can also use a Wordprocessor but Notepad runs very quickly.

I have not been able to take a good look around the new forum until now, i am of course open to be corrected but i understood that Private messages were just that, PRIVATE, and now i see that messages to members profiles ( also with a degree of privacy attached i would have thought) can now be viewed by anyone by clicking on "Whats New" and scrolling down to Members Profile messages. See Photoshots attached. Comments would be most welcome, (but not on my profile Please)

Attachments

• profile (2).jpg
    profile (2).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Whats New 1.jpg
    Whats New 1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 22
I don't myself ever use profile messages, and do not really see the use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back