• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Memories of a Birmingham Musician (Drummer)!

Here I am sitting on my friends expanded kit for the RUSH tribute to 2112, after the show...
Dave A

upload_2018-1-10_13-40-27.png upload_2018-1-10_13-40-27.png

I have that problem too, but only my phone pictures that are uploaded to web based forums. I even tried rotating the image to compensate for the 'flip', but it still appears sideways. Need help?
Dave A
Dave,
I posted the same photograph on my own website. Went perfectly, no problem.

Eddie

Dave,
I posted the same photograph on my own website. Went perfectly, no problem.

Eddie
Eddie, if you are referring to the picture in post #822, then I have to add that it was taken in the horizontal position. I forgot to mention that the problem only exists when the phone is used in the vertical position. I think if the photo is copied and pasted, then it will work fine.
Dave A

Yes indeed, my friend Troy, who is also my neighbour, is a professional drummer working for Classic Albums Live. The Rush show was the best I've ever seen him drum and took a lot of work reproducing Neil's superb drumming. BTW, I told Troy about your presence on BHF and how I'm humbled by your immense experience and knowledge of the music world.
Dave A

Looking through some old photographs, I came across this.

In the mid-seventies The Shadows represented the U.K in the Eurovision Song Contest. The drummer, my old pal, Brian Bennett, asked me if I could build a special drum kit for him. He wanted something different, and exciting. I knew that Brian loved the artist Aubrey Beardsley, so I designed a beautiful, pink finish, drum kit, with that artist in mind. It looked sensational..

This is a photograph of the bass drum head that was on the drum kit. To-day the bass drum head hangs on the wall, in Brian's home.

I am proud that the actual drum kit is now in the Victoria & Albert Museum, in London, and is sometimes on display.

My contribution to posterity, and the modern music business..

Eddie.

Attachments

• Brian Bennetts Bass Drum 001.jpg
    Brian Bennetts Bass Drum 001.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 28
[QUOTE="oldbrit, post: 618405, member: 15660"I am shattered I just learned that Eddie Haynes passed away last month", John[/QUOTE]
Oh, that is sad. Very sorry to hear that "Norfolk Brummie" has passed away. I always read his posts with interest. Such an eventful life and so vividly and interestingly described. Dave.

I am very sorry, shattered and devastated to report, that my mate and lifelong friend Eddie Ted Haynes Norfolk Brummie. passed away in April 2018 I am sure all of you will miss his postings and himself as I will. Rest in peace Eddie GOD BLESS. We had planned on a visit to Eddie and Berryl in June John Crump Parker. Colorado USA

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 11
[QUOTE="oldbrit, post: 618405, member: 15660"I am shattered I just learned that Eddie Haynes passed away last month", John

Very sad news. I used to enjoy Eddies reminisces. I wonder if St. Peter allowed him in with his drums, hope so.

Can someone get the Obituary for Eddie Haynes he lived in Hevingham Norfolk UK Passed away in Apil 2018 Thanks John Crump

I am devastated to hear my old friend Eddie Haynes has passed away. We met up at an Antique Drum Show in Coventry a few months ago and he showed me his book which was going for its final edit, so I'm not sure if it has got published. We hadn't seen each other for around 20 years and it was so good to meet up with him after all this time and now he's gone. A great drummer and a wonderful man, he will surely be missed. RIP Eddie

Can someone get the Obituary for Eddie Haynes he lived in Hevingham Norfolk UK Passed away in Apil 2018 Thanks John Crump
EDWARD VICTOR (Eddie) HAYNES

Originally printed on April 25, 2018 in the Eastern Daily Press.
Viewed by 444 Visitors.

HAYNES EDWARD VICTOR (Eddie) At the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on April 17th, 2018, aged 84 years. A loving husband to Beryl and a devoted father to Juliet and Louise. The funeral service will be held at St Peter’s Church, Sheringham on Friday, May 11th, 2018 at 2 p.m. No flowers by request, however donations to benefit SSAFA (the Armed Forces Charity) may be given online at www.ivan fisher.co.uk or sent care of Ivan Fisher Independent Funeral Home, The Old Bank, 2-4 Norwich Road, Aylsham,

So sad to hear that Eddie has passed away. I always enjoyed reading his posts describing such interesting and enjoyable memories.

I have no doubt Gabriel blew his horn and the Celestial choir were there to greet him as St Peter showed him to his drum set with all those other musicians up there in the great band in the sky. Enjoyed all your posts and stories Eddie? May you rest in peace and to your family I am sorry for your loss.
Bob

What can I say? I was so in awe of his career and what he had achieved in his life as a musician. I will miss his stories and am very curious about what he wrote in his book. He sure made his mark on this forum and won't be forgotten soon. May you never miss a beat in your new resting place. God Bless You Eddie.

Dave A

I am devastated to hear my old friend Eddie Haynes has passed away. We met up at an Antique Drum Show in Coventry a few months ago and he showed me his book which was going for its final edit, so I'm not sure if it has got published. We hadn't seen each other for around 20 years and it was so good to meet up with him after all this time and now he's gone. A great drummer and a wonderful man, he will surely be missed. RIP Eddie

hello andy if either yourself or any of our other members can find out if eddies book was or still will be published would you kindly let us know

thanks

lyn

Back