• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Meet Up At The Bull 3rd February 2018

A very enjoyable meet up. Great to chat with lots of both old and new members. I have an Eric (water colour) now too of a canal theme, how do you beat that.

Did not top up camera battery, and maybe that is why the flash did not seem to work properly. But here are some from me.
DSCN1756A.jpg DSCN1757A.jpg DSCN1760A.jpg DSCN1761A.jpg DSCN1762A.jpg DSCN1767a.jpg

Hi all. I enjoyed the meet up.

I won one of Eric's fantastic paintings, thank you Eric.

Nice to meet you all and see you in June.

Kat

hi folks the voice has completely gone now but at least i can type:)

glad you all had a smashing time at the bull yesterday...i knew you would...again sorry i couldnt make it...apart from meeting old faces i wanted to meet newbies elmdon boy and kat but maybe at the next meet in june...

well done pen for organising it all:):) and well done kat having newbies luck winning an eric...everyone wants to win an eric:D oh i see lynne was at the lamb shanks again:p

lyn

Oh dear Lyn - do take care. Your health is more important than coming to meets -although you were missed!! There is always a next time. Looks as if the date is already fixed. Take care x

ahh bless you janice....was seeking medical advise again this morning as i was not happy..not much if any improvement in 3 days..seems the infection is quite severe so i must continue with the antibiotics and be patient....not one of my stronger points:D i have noted the 23rd of june in the diary...weather should be a bit better as well

lyn x

It was a success and you now know when the next one is, so make sure you put it on your calendar

Hi all

Yes Lyn, I had good luck winning an Eric!

Eric, the painting is on the wall in my hall. I have taken some plates and another painting down so as not to take the shine off your painting. It meant a polly filling job and now I need to re-paint a feature wall, but well worth it. Thank you!

Get well soon Lyn, I wanted to meet you too, so I could put a face to the two mischiefs I might have to bail out having now met Lady P.;)
(Reference to the Vine thread.)
Perhaps we will meet up in June x. :)

Hi Everyone, really good to see everyone on Saturday. Sorry for the delay - I'm having a few, what you might call, 'technical issues' at the moment.
Morturn, so glad you won an 'Eric' at last. I seem to remember you showed an interest in this picture at the very beginning of this thread. Well done!
Thanks Vicki for helping on Saturday. We had lots of prizes and there was a real buzz about the meet. Roll on June, I will put us both on your new thread. Well done for volunteering too.
My photos aren't very clear but I'll post them anyway. At least I remembered to hold the phone up the right way Viv! Scrub that Viv, I've just looked at my first effort - Elmdon Boy and Mike and they're sideways....Perhaps someone could have a go at righting them for me. Second one of Janice and Dave but sideways again. Please view lying down!
Third one of Vicki and Lynne tucking in and Chris M and Brian. More to hopefully follow.

Attachments

• WP_20180203_12_45_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180203_12_45_36_Pro.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Next batch - The prizes on offer. The last one is a bit woolly it was at the beginning.

Attachments

• WP_20180203_12_46_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180203_12_46_17_Pro.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 43
  • WP_20180203_13_00_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180203_13_00_55_Pro.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 45
Here are the ones from my camera. Not sure what point Morturn is making in the first one!!

Attachments

• 1 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    1 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 2 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    2 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 3 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    3 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 4 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    4 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 5 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    5 Meet Feb 3rd.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 54
One out of 3 is very promising Lady P ! Have now rotated the other two for you. Viv.

Back