• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Meet the Izzards

sheri

master brummie
I watched 'Meet the Izzards' both ephisodes - and really enjoyed it. It seems that most blue eyed people stem from the Black Sea area, as all my family are blue-eyed i think I should go and meet the rellies. Very good programme.
Sheri

Sheri, I watched both episodes of the programme too, and found it fascinating, the biggest puzzle to me went unanswered.if all mankind were descended from a woman they called Eve and a man they called Adam, who were their parents?

Have to confess I don't like Eddie Izzard, so didn't bother watching the prorammes - may have to look at them on catch up though, they sound interesting - and I am blue eyed too!!!
Sue

I only caught the end it did seem fascinating but, his painted nails really put me off. I won't mention what Michael said....ha ha. I have hazel eyes so there is a quandary.

Have to confess I don't like Eddie Izzard, so didn't bother watching the prorammes - may have to look at them on catch up though, they sound interesting - and I am blue eyed too!!!
Sue
We stared to watch the first one but switched off. Don't mind him when he sticks to comedy but in this program he seemed to be saying "look at me, how clever am I" too much. Still I didn't see it all so I may be doing him a disservice.

My 92 year old neighbour has the maiden name of Izzard (not a very usual name) and was looking forward to seeing it.
She switched it off because of Eddie Izzard!

Can't say I'm that fond of Eddy Izzard as a comedian but then don't like many anyway. I was more interested in the process the search for the genetics.
Sylvia the only thing I can think of was that DNA evolved or were affected by the changes in the environment in those regions perhaps lack of food/water that made those early groups move into more sustainable areas. From what the scientists were saying the changes in DNA seemed happen in small groups in different parts of Africa. So interesting.
Sheri

Back