• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mckenna Family Carrington Road

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
mc_kenna.jpg
Well, now heres a strange one, can anyone throw any light on the subject.?

Last edited:
Postie,
It seems the sender had doubts about the address as well; otherwise I suppose the card would have been given a stamp and posted. David

In 1911 Patrick and Elizabeth McKenna,with son John lived at 7 Beech Terrace,Carrington Road
John McKenna had an address at 296 Cooksey Rd and 7 Beech Terrace,Carrington Road in 1912.
1922 John McKenna with Patrick McKenna at 7 Beech Terrace,Carrington Road.
Frank James Cooper lived with a Lily Cooper(mn White) at 146A Ladypool Road in 1920.
They married in 1915.
Would the front of the postcard show a picture of their son who was maybe born 1916 and died 1921?
To be honest,I don't really understand the question:rolleyes:

I'd be interested to know what the question is as well, I think my fathers family lived in Beech Terrace between the wars.

It was mostly out of curiousity, I aquired the picture and hadn't heard of the address involved.
Thanks for the information.:)

Re: Small Heath?

Hi, I am new to this site. I was born in Carrington Road in a back house and remember there was a bomb peck just across the road , Mom and Dad bought me a Tiny Tears doll one year and someone stole it, I know this because one day I saw something burning on the peck went over to find it was my tiny tears .... Carrington road forked off from Arthur street which is to the right of what was the old bus garage on the cov road.

Re: Small Heath?

Hi, I am new to this site. I was born in Carrington Road in a back house and remember there was a bomb peck just across the road , Mom and Dad bought me a Tiny Tears doll one year and someone stole it, I know this because one day I saw something burning on the peck went over to find it was my tiny tears .... Carrington road forked off from Arthur street which is to the right of what was the old bus garage on the cov road.
Hi I am also new to this site I was born in carlton Road but my fathers mother lived in carrington Road, because this road no longer exists I was trying to find any information or pictures

Back