• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

May 2009 edition Astoness/Lyn’s memories of Villa Street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..ive just rushed up the road to get mays edition...in the centre pages is my little piece of my memories of villa street..to see this in print really means more to me now than ever..especially as most of you know dad had a stroke last december and now our mom is in hospital with heart problems....

just one little caption error to correct...the pic of the crown pub should have read on the corner of villa st and nursery road..not lozells road as stated.....

anyhow i hope you enjoy reading it...

cheers

lyn:):):)

hi folks..ive just rushed up the road to get mays edition...in the centre pages is my little piece of my memories of villa street..to see this in print really means more to me now than ever..especially as most of you know dad had a stroke last december and now our mom is in hospital with heart problems....

just one little caption error to correct...the pic of the crown pub should have read on the corner of villa st and nursery road..not lozells road as stated.....

anyhow i hope you enjoy reading it...

cheers

Lyn is on the Centre Pages lads, corrrr:D:rolleyes:

Frothy as long as it's not page 3 that's fine. Llyn there were two errors in mine. It said I was on the fair on holiday with my brother when it was at the onion fair but not to worry the photo was good for it's age. I will go and buy one later to take a look Llyn. Bye. Jean.

hi jean...and please if you would ignore my haircut in the pic of me holding pete on the beach and the one of me outside our house...omg i look like a boy...lol

lyn:)

Lyn would you kindly post a picture on here and the story that is the caption:)Mossy

I told my lads that Lyn was on the centre pages of the Brum MAG for May and its the only one I can't find it anywhere really:D

Well done Lyn.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I only get mine when I come up to Brum and don't have any plans until 9th meet at The Old Crown. Hope there's still some left and Lyn's not bought them all.:D

My copy hasn't arrived yet, it usually arrives the same day people mention it here. I'm not sure if my subscription doesn't need renewing, but no-one is on the phone today to check. Look forward to reading it though.
mike

hi mossy..have to go out again soon...i will scan both pages tonight for you and post them......

hi mossy...as it covers the centre pages ive had to scan seperately so the pic of the pub and the group family are split...i have a feeling that you may not be able to read it very well..if so if you send me your email address via instant message i can email them to you...should be a bit better quality.....

Well done Lyn, what a wonderful bit of Brum history, it makes me proud to be a fellow Brummie.:)

Graham.

thanks for your kind comments graham...trouble was in those days we didnt always have a camera so therefore not too many pics were taken...i tried to find a pic of each member of the family that was taken when we lived down villa st....hence our pete who was never camera shy is in more than one or two of them...had to be that way like i could get the others....that should please him when he sees it....:D:D:D

lyn

Well done lyn page 3 next perhaps.

My next assignment is for the Parish Magazine because our Vicar's Father was the same at a Church in Lozells before and after the War his Church is on the Forum and he said there are quite few people who have connection to Birmingham he knows of and asked me to write something about BH:)

now dont you start alf...:rolleyes: i had enough with similar comments from frothy this morning.....lol...

anyhow thank you and i do wish you well with your next project..maybe you could post the finished article for us all to see...

take care...

thanks maur...i was going to bring it round to show you tomorrow..well i still will...its ok folks me and maur have been next door neighbours for over 10 years so not far to go for a cuppa..:):):)

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can get this mag by post??It would help greatly with my research into my family.I spent many happy years of my childhood at my grandparents house in Trescott Rd,Northfield.

here,s hoping from Jackie:D

Hi Lyn, I've just read your article from the magazine. It was great - I did enjoy reading it, thanks for scanning it and posting it.

thank you judy...all the family are very proud of it..me brothers having his copy framed....:D:D:D

lyn

Back