• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Maypole Dairies- Perks Morris Van

mikeflan

master brummie
I know this may be a strange request, but is there anyone that might have tucked away an old photo showing a Maypole or Perks  Morris 'J' type van, I know that no one would have taken a dedicated photo of one of these but there may be one lurking in the background of a photo taken in Birmingham or the midlands around the 1959 era, a colleague of mine that lives a long way from Birmingham has one of these vans and is in the process of restoring it, the 'J' and 'JB' type was also used by the Royal Mail at that time too,many thanks for any help.

This any good?

2002Wroughton18.jpg

Thanks to all for your contributions but a very special thanks to you OISIN.....brilliant !!!! I will send show this to my colleague who I am certain will appreciate this and it should give him some impetus for his own van restoration....

Gosh! That takes me back. I used to help my brother do his bread round in Handsworth and Handsworth Wood. He worked for Bradfords and drove one of those. I can still taste the pineapple creams that I ate occasionally.

Is the Maypole Dairies van (or any other) available for sale?
Regards:rolleyes:

Many thanks...I attended that rally!
if anyone hears about one of these vans for sale (they were made in Birmingham) please do get in touch...even spares would be helpful!
Regards

Back