• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mayo & Co Florists& Nurserymen 151 High Street Aston Circa 19 13

Dear BHF,

Looking for any memorabilia , pictures maps etc for a family that lived in Aston , have managed to locate several address:-

151, High Street Aston,
321, Lichfield Road Aston,
293, Wheeler St Aston,
32, Aston Lane Aston,
101, Beeches Road Aston,

Jill's tree goes back as far as "John Mayo 1680" , there is quite a lot about this family on line already, seems quite a strong name in the area.

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Mike & Jill :cool:

Are you asking for maps showing the position of those addresses?

Hi Mikejee,
Any old pictures of shop or anything of the time circa 1913- 50 . I assume mostly redeveloped now. If you have maps showing locations that would be great. Found 101 Beeches Road, it looks 1930 ish.

Attachments

• 101 Beeches Rd - Listed as Home Alfred James Mayo.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
jill the pic of beeches road you posted is circa 1930s but its not beeches road aston as stated in your post 1 its beeches road gt barr....cant ever recall a beeches road in aston but that does not mean to say there was not one

lyn

I don't know of another Beeches Road. Perhaps if Gill tells us where she got the address from we could clarify.
Below are maps showing the position of the other three houses in red. None are now standing
map c 1950 showing 151 High St Aston..jpgmap c1950 showing 32 Aston Lane.jpgmap c1950 showing 321 Lichfield Road.jpgmap c1950 showing293 Wheeler St.jpgmap c1950 showing 32 Aston Lane.jpgmap c1950 showing 321 Lichfield Road.jpgmap c1950 showing293 Wheeler St.jpg

I think it is meant to be 101 Beeches Road Great Barr. 1936 Kelly's lists Alfred Mayo at 101 Beeches Road Great Barr.

Back