• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MAY ALTERS

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
              MAY ALTERS

MY FATHER TOOK ME THROUH THE FIELDS INTHE SPRING TIME, LONG AGO.                                                                                    HE LIFTED UP THE BARBED WIRE STRANDS SO I COULD SLIP BELOW .                                                                     
HE  SHOWED WHERE GOLDEN KINGCUPS GREW , LIKE TREASURE BY A STREAM. AND IN A WOOD, HUSHED AS A CHURCH, BLUEBELLS IN SUNSET,S GLEAM  FRAGRANT BLOOMS, ALL DAMP WITH DEW DROPS, THERE LEAVES ALL SOFT AND COOL,
SOME FOR THE ALTER IN OUR HOME AND FOR THE ONE IN   SCHOOL.                                                                                                       

DEAR QUEEN OF HEAVEN , MIND HIM WELL, MY FATHER KIND AND TRUE .
WHO LED ME THROUGH THE FIELD S  TO FIND THE FLOWERS  OF MAY FOR YOU ,           

ASTONIAN , ;;;;;;;;;;

Re: Just maybe.

Thank You Cromwell , For Your Comments iI Have Been Reading Your Articals With Pleasure, And FIND Them Of Great Intrest, Fantastic, I Think You Are A Natureual Auther, Have A Nice Day, astonian ,;;;;;

Re: Re: Just maybe.

I hope to see more when you have  your section

PS I agree with Cromwell - it reads well

Re: Re: Just maybe.

Just a lovely poem Aston - it's like you are talking about "God's garden"

We have yet another fine poet. Your dad had a talented son. O0

I hope you don't mind I have edited these fine words can be shown in their true worth

My Father took me through the fields in the spring time long ago
He lifted up the barbed wire strands so I could slip below
He showed me where golden Kingcups grew, like treasure by a stream
And in a wood, hushed as a church, bluebells in sunsets gleam
Fragrant blooms, all damp with dew drops, their leaves all soft and cool
Some for the altar in our home and one for the one in school
Dear queen of heaven, mind him well, my father kind and true
Who led  me through the fields to find the flowers of May for you.

ASTONIAN

brilliant words

Astonian
I have re-read this a dozen times and it is quite outstanding in the way you wrote it
One of the best poems on the Forum

HI ROD , MANY THANKS FOR YOUR NOTIFICACATION, AND FINDING ME A SECTION IN YOUR SPECIAL CORNER, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO BEAR WITH ME, FOR AFEW DAYS,OWEING TO A FAMILY CRISIS WHICH IN VOLVES A DEATH OF MY WIFES,S BROTHER MARTIN , WHOM WAS FOUND DEAD IN LONG NUKE RD WEOLEY CASTLE , THE OTHER WEEK, SO I WILL BE A BIT SLOW FORTH COMING BE CAUSE OF THE WIFE THERESA, MAKING ARRANGMENTS, BUT I HOPE TO BE BACK SHORT WITH AND I HOPETO CONTINUE THAT I CAN GIVE YOU ANOTHER ONE ,THAT I HOPE WILL PLEASE YOU, AND THE FORUM, BEST WISHES, , ASTONIAN,.

:angel: Hi Astonian first You have written a real thought provoking poem and a very nice one too.

I am very sorry to hear about your family bereavement, please accept my condolences.

Last of all I know a family from Long Nuke Rd by the name of Langham, they lived next door to us for years in Dymoke St before we were all rehoused in the late 1950's. The
last I heard 'The now elderly mother' was still living there, years ago her brother married my Aunt (both the brother and my Aunt been married before).

Chris :angel:

hi there pomp , many thanks for your condolences, the wife theresa has taken it baD , she has six sisters and she was the only one close to him, he was a single guy never been married, got afew bob and he lived in the top end of long nuke by the park in a ground floor block, which was used by drug dealers whom was living in the block, kids was coming from all over the place to buy and used, there was alot of unmarried mothers in there, whom new he had money, they was always knocking his door begging for money, to tell you the truth , he was a bit of a recluse, we went to the police to report the problem about the drugies operating outside his door , they said they would keep an eye on the place , at one stage they cut his telephone wire off, at the end of the day recentlywe had to phone the police to comme and break the door in , and lord and behold the expected had happend, we was told we cannot go in , he was lieing down on the bed with the side of his face bashed in he had been lieing there for a week , before we got to him, he was just turned fifty years of age , and just lost there mother three months before they shoul;d bring back hanging or the birch mate why keep these vermin in prison and keep them at our expence, and his money was all over the place, so you see pom , it if was a natural death ,and he died in his sleep, its not so bad to except but the way he went his harder to come to terms with by his sister, and that also effects me at the mommentby having this family crisis, thanks again pom , for your condolances, astonian, ;;;;;;

Writen in a delightful child like manner which I found to be very pleasing.

Robert

*‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** MAY*‚**ALTERS

MY FATHER TOOK ME THROUH THE FIELDS INTHE SPRING TIME, LONG AGO.*‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** HE LIFTED UP THE BARBED WIRE STRANDS SO I COULD SLIP BELOW .*‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚**

HE*‚** SHOWED WHERE GOLDEN KINGCUPS GREW , LIKE TREASURE BY A STREAM. AND IN A WOOD, HUSHED AS A CHURCH, BLUEBELLS IN SUNSET,S GLEAM*‚** FRAGRANT BLOOMS, ALL DAMP WITH DEW DROPS, THERE LEAVES ALL SOFT AND COOL,
SOME FOR THE ALTER IN OUR HOME AND FOR THE ONE IN*‚** *‚**SCHOOL.*‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚**

DEAR QUEEN OF HEAVEN , MIND HIM WELL, MY FATHER KIND AND TRUE .
WHO LED ME THROUGH THE FIELD S*‚** TO FIND THE FLOWERS*‚** OF MAY FOR YOU ,*‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚** *‚**

ASTONIAN , ;;;;;;;;;;

That would make a nice summing up, an epitaph. Less is more. Nico

Back