• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mavitta Family

Unfortunately i don't know much about the Mavitta's in Canada/US I just remember that my uncle Gerald (actually great uncle) who was Helens's father had visited relatives in US. Helena lives in Boston and there are tons of cousins on east coast (Gerald had 9 kids) . I am in N.Ireland. My grandfather was Geralds brother Walter, and his father was Harry French who married Alice Mavitta. Gerald was in merchant navy and jumped ship in 20's that how the family ended up in Mass. Looks pretty certain that your father was Mavitta

Unfortunately i don't know much about the Mavitta's in Canada/US I just remember that my uncle Gerald (actually great uncle) who was Helens's father had visited relatives in US. Helena lives in Boston and there are tons of cousins on east coast (Gerald had 9 kids) . I am in N.Ireland. My grandfather was Geralds brother Walter, and his father was Harry French who married Alice Mavitta. Gerald was in merchant navy and jumped ship in 20's that how the family ended up in Mass. Looks pretty certain that your father was Mavitta
Yes! i believe i fit in the Mavitta's somehow..lol is your mother Daphane?

yep that's correct, definitely sounds like there is some close association with Mavitta. Helena might be able to shed some more light on the US side of things. One thing I do remember is that the Mavitta's in the US/Canada did not have any children, he may have remarried, I would have thought someone would have said he changed his name though assuming it was him

yep that's correct, definitely sounds like there is some close association with Mavitta. Helena might be able to shed some more light on the US side of things. One thing I do remember is that the Mavitta's in the US/Canada did not have any children, he may have remarried, I would have thought someone would have said he changed his name though assuming it was him
Thanks for the information Walter! I have never had contact with Helena. Yes, it would be interesting to know who he was visiting in Canada/US. If you ever come across anymore information or old pics, i would love to see them!

I'll ping Helena - is there a way for her to reach out to you. I assume you must use ancestry and she must as well i guess

was just emailing Helena, is your username on Ancestry your email or something else as I am sure the first thing she will do is the DNA lookup on Ancestry. I actually don't use it although I did have an account at one time

Thanks so much for getting in touch with Helena! :) I have sent her a message through Ancestry. Can you confirm with her she got it :)

Back