• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mason Fredrick

subotone

'OLDBILL'
Hi

I am trying to find information on Fredrick Mason. All I know so far is that he lived in Gerrard Street Newtown prior to his death on the 1st July 1916 at the battle of the Somme during WW1. Prior to the war he served in the Terratorials 1/8th Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

Thanks

Tony

Re: Fredrick Mason

I was trying to find fredericks death on the CWGC site but it's not listed. Often you can find parents names.

Any ideas of his age when he died and if he was born in Birmingham/Aston?

Frederick Edmund Mason,Private,Royal Warks, age unknown died 1/7/1916,he is buried in Serre Road Cemetery,near Albert.Service number 305176

I have been to this cemetery,it is a beautiful peaceful place.

Frederick Edmund Mason birth registered Aston,Dec.qtr 1888.

Hi Both

Thanks for your replys. The only info I have is what is in my original post. The house number of his mother was 114 Gerrard St. My interest regarding Fredrick comes from a leaflet I have had for about 40 odd years. It has a picture of him & information that his mother was giving out to try & find any one who may have known what happend to him at the battle of the Somme. Saddley it would appear that he was listed as missing as so many were.

I have tried to attach the leaflet but no good

Thanks again

Tony

Hi Tony

Not much extra - Bham Weekly Post 2.9.1916 he is indicated as missing. Any information to Mr A Mason, 114, Gerrard St, Lozells.

Back