• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Maskell family from Smethwick

The Mask

Hi All,

New to the site, I was hoping to get some assistance if possible, I am looking for possible information on the Maskell family, who I am led to believe lived in this area for a time.
More specifically My Paternal Grandfather Jeffery and hsi siblings George and Mary, I am led to believe that George died quite young approx 14 from a brain aneurysm but both him and Jeffery were talented football player so may have played for the local team at the time.
This would have from approx 1937 to mid 50's

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it is a long shot

George William Maskell - birth was registered Oldbury Dec qtr 1942, death was registered West Brom Mar qtr 1957.

Listed at 57 Portway Road, Oldbury on 1939 register - Jeffrey, parents (George W & Mary) and grandfather (Thomas Harbutt).

Nothing comes up in the newspapers for Jeffrey or George.

If you're looking to trace further back then it's not too difficult to go back to your probable 7 x Maskell great grandfather.

Back