• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mary Vale Road

That is a great picture would you know the year it was taken??... it looks like the 'top' of Mary Vale road to me??... I had a friend who lived in Mary Vale road Bournville .. we both went to Dame Elizabeth Cadburys school and often walked through Cadburys factory in what was called 'The bird cage'...

Angie x

Don't know when this was taken, but I thought the view looked familiar. however i was thinking of a postcard from a postcard book which is given below. Here it notes that it was sent on june 17th 1922

maryvale_rdA.jpg

Mike

It's the junction of Mary Vale Rd / Selly Oak Rd. It's still the same today.

Phil

Could be about that time... Mary Vale road was a very very long road... yes.. defiantly the 'top' end... as the road leading off is Selly Oak road... sure brings back many memories of High school in Bournville...

Angie x

Phil
I realised where it was , but the position of the other postcard was very similar, and i thought it was hte same till i looked. In fact at first i thought they had cut the little girl off till I noticed the trees were different.
Mike

Mike

I can't imagine a little girl standing in the middle of the road to have a photograph taken today.

Phil

Great picture.
My mum lived on Mary Vale Road, can't remember what dates though (I think maybe in the 50s)...I'll ask one of my aunties...

My friend was there around the 60' onwards... I will check what number they were think it may have been around 70?? I believe...

Regards
Angie x

Back