• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mary Poppins in Birmingham

ragga

master brummie
I am not a real theater goer but in September I am going to see
Mary Poppins at the Hippodrome :)
Has anyone on here has been to see it ???
I would like your oppinion of the show .
Thanking you .

Ragga :)

saw it 30th july. absolutely brilliant. much better than you would expect and a few surprises as well.
standing ovation at the end from all ages. one of the best ive seen (and ive seen loads)!

chris

This is what you said on your Birthday Christine

just to say thanks to everyone for your good wishes.

have been to see mary poppins at the hipp this afternoon. absolutely brill. would recommend any of you if you can get tickets please go to see it. lovely happy fantastic show. ive enjoyed every minute.

thanks again chris
:)

As for myself I loved the Film watch nearly everytime its on TV

Thank you both for your recommendations :thumbsup:
:) Looking forward to it ever more now .
ragga :)

Haven't been to see Mary Poppins yet, going to. But also looking forward to seeing 'Cabaret' at The Birmingham Rep.

Ann

Alf ........... we are going September 15th , you enjoyed it so it must
be good , we`ll let you know :thumbsup:

Ragga any good musical Film or Show makes me go weak at the Knees:)

Don't know where they get the energy from:D

hello ragga

i know you went to see mary poppins. did you enjoy it as much as i did. my sister went last night and her comment was "totally brilliant".

chris

Hello Shera :) we went to see Mary Poppins Monday 15th September
I was very impressed , expensive but worth it , we had
a meal before the show in the Dragon inn across the
road in Hurst Street, I see the show has ended now
last performance 27th September .

Thats a pitty ragga I would love to have gone too but had so much going on that I left it too late. JEAN.

Back