• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mary Ann Witton 1852

hi carol, theres a baptism on 16th feb 1852 at st. martins of mary ann witton daughter of henry and eliza witton. moor street. fathers occ. engineer

Hi Shera thankyou for the Birth of Mary Ann Witton it is exactly the one that i wanted
i am really grateful.
Trouble is i can`t find Mary on the 1861 census with her family.
I hope you don`t mind but could you see if there was a death for Mary in the 1850`s please
Many Thanks
Carol

Hi Carol
There is only one death in Birmingham for a Mary Witton between 1852 and 1861 and that is in Quarter 3 1855. I don't have my St Martin's records available from my iPod, but can check later for a burial there if you want?

Last edited:
hi carol, havent been able to find a burial at st. martins. sorry, cant find them in 1861 either. the nearest i can see in 1861 is lodging with ann hastings and her children in lancaster st. birmingham.

henry witton 30 gun britch forger b.bham
eliza witton 29 b. london
charles witton 4 b. bham

Hi Shera yes i found the Henry Witton living as Lodgers with Ann Hastings in 1861 but no Mary Ann.
but thankyou for looking for me i appreciate it.

Carol

Back