• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marston Green Hospital Nurses

Interesting connection between the hospital and North America...

"Early in the Second World War a base was built for the Royal Canadian Air Force off Berwicks Lane. Built as a series of huts, this was the 19th Canadian General Hospital with beds for some 700 patients. In 1948 it became Marston Green Maternity Hospital, one of the first opened under the newly founded National Health Service."
Do you know adress of marston green maternity hospital before it was demolished?

Hello Pat, Do you have any names for the people in the bottom left photo please? I am trying to trace an English man who joined the Canadian Airforce as a bomber pilot. He was a prisoner of war in Germany and somehow met my Mum, who lived in Bordelsy Green, in May 1946. Having found out about the Canadian hospital in Marston Green I wondered if he could have been there and met my Mum at a dance or something. She got pregnant by him and through DNA testing I have found the daughter she had and put up for adoption.

Welcome to the forum.
You may not get a reply as clicking on Pat's name shows she has not been on the forum since 2018.

Hello Pat, Do you have any names for the people in the bottom left photo please? I am trying to trace an English man who joined the Canadian Airforce as a bomber pilot. He was a prisoner of war in Germany and somehow met my Mum, who lived in Bordelsy Green, in May 1946. Having found out about the Canadian hospital in Marston Green I wondered if he could have been there and met my Mum at a dance or something. She got pregnant by him and through DNA testing I have found the daughter she had and put up for adoption.
Apologies, yes it has been a long time since I visited the forum.

My research reached a brick wall and other life distractions took over.

Unfortunately, I do not have any names for the people in the photograph.

Back