• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Streetview I used in post #177 was, I think, the Stockland Green Bilateral school entrance, Marsh Hill Girls main entrance was opposite Bleak Hill and Marsh Hill Boys entrance was via Hampton Road, off Slade Road.

Interesting the way it has changed. Has anyone been in the school for a look around ? I’d quite like to just to see if I recognise anything still. Viv.

A Sparks

master brummie
Yes, I thought your picture was from the Stockland Green entrance.

Thanks @sttudy for the up to date info on the site of the school! I knew it was the Josiah Mason 6th form college at one point but not that that had closed in 2012.

I left Birmingham in 1997 so I haven't been that way for a long time but it would be interesting to have a look round now!

MidlandRed

And 6th from left is Angela Holdnall - the memories are flooding back!!
Wow! This took me back. I don't know how I stumbled into this thread but I remember Angela Holdnall from Perry Beeches in 1964. I went to KEGS Aston so we unfortunately lost touch. I moved away from 'Brum' as we had no family connections in the area. My brother lost a good friend in the infamous 'Pub Bombings'. You've spelled Marilyn's name without a 't'. Not a sister of Ray Prichard by chance? Sad that Friends Reunited has gone. I suppose most people found their best pals and then left. Most of us had good times then but I doubt that we knew it. (David Parkinson)

Happy Days

Hi Kathleen, I remember you too!
I live in London now but I'm still in touch with Lynda P.
Give all the girls my love!
Anne Spencer x
Hi Anne I have only just joined this forum. I was at Marsh Hill Girls' from 1960 when it opened until 1965. I have lived in London since 1976, in Wimbledon since 1983. Where do you live in London? I am finding this forum very interesting and the memories are flooding back. The reason I suddenly started reading it is that I am doing some work on a project in Birmingham - and yes at my ripe old age I am still working, full-time at that.

A Sparks

master brummie
Hi Anne I have only just joined this forum. I was at Marsh Hill Girls' from 1960 when it opened until 1965. I have lived in London since 1976, in Wimbledon since 1983. Where do you live in London? I am finding this forum very interesting and the memories are flooding back. The reason I suddenly started reading it is that I am doing some work on a project in Birmingham - and yes at my ripe old age I am still working, full-time at that.

Ah, you must have been a couple of years above me, I started in 1962 and left in 1967.

I've lived in Stamford Hill, Hackney since 2007 and a couple of other areas in north London since I moved down in 1997.

Good for you doing a project on Birmingham! I think it's often only as we get older that we start to take more interest in the history of places. This is a brilliant Forum for Brum History - I know I have learnt so much more since becoming a member.

Welcome and enjoy!