• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

marriage look up please

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie

Edward Brown
to
Emily Fellows
ASTON
Vol 6d
page 602
Dec Qtr

hope this will be St. Martins church

fathers details if possible .

Thanks
Derek

Last edited:
Hi Derek, on Ancestry there is a reference but no parish record. Aston references don't cover St. Martin's. I couldn't find anything on Familysearch either. Sorry!!
Maybe another member will have better luck for you.
rosie.

I suspect the marriage might have been at Aston registry office as it does not appear in church records.

If he is the Edward who is listed as a fruiterer on the 1891 census then he could be the Edward listed as a greengrocer on the 1881 census. There he is the son of William and Maria at 254 and 255 Gt Lister Street. Siblings are Mary Ann (aged 19), Thomas (aged 11) and George (9 years).

Janice

On the 1871 census there is a Emily Fellows living at Webster Street Aston the daughter of William H and Phoebe S.

I think she is on the 1881 census but transcribed as Milley (presumably "EM" illey). Address is Rupert Street but the siblings names match.
Also on 1861 census with Emmeller aged 1. Address is in Manchester.

Janice

Back