• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

marriage look-up Brinkworth/Harrison

Ann Steiner

master brummie
I'm hoping someone might have access to records, or the ability to find more marriage information for me.

I was able to find out this much thus far: my great-grandmother Martha Jane Harrison married Thomas Brinkworth in 1894. They are recorded in the Birmingham register, for July/August/September, in Vol. 6d, page 239. I don't know which church or parish though, nor the exact date of their marriage. That's what I would like to learn, if possible.

Thomas lived with his family in 1891 at 6 Victoria Pl, Ecc. parish of St. Asaph. Thomas' father's name was also Thomas.

Martha Jane lived with her family in 1891 at 14 Spring St, Ecc. parish of St. Luke. Martha's father's name was Edwin.

If anyone can furnish more, I would be most grateful.

Ann

just to let you know ann that i have checked my st. martins records but they didnt get married there so cant help :(

Thanks for taking the time to look for me, Shera.

I'm glad I found a registration for a marriage at least. It had been passed down in the family that there had been no marriage and there was an illegitimate daughter as a result. The register cleans up my great-gran's name!

Thanks again.

Best,
Ann

Hello, Ann Steiner, There was a family named Brinkworth, Mom, Dad & daughter Jenny, son Graham, they lived in South Yardley, Birmingham GB, pre-WW2, Graham was a Prisoner of War for several years, Jenny married and had twin sons, i lived in the same road and we were kids together, i hope this maybe a connection to your search. Len.

Back