• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

map 1

YUP, will do, once I've had a lie down in a darkened room.:shocked:

Thanks postie. Already used the 1817 map 1 to solve a couple of questions I had. Many thanks. Viv.

Its Ian FOFB you should be thanking, I just performed a major miracle by putting them on, lol.:thumbsup:

And another that could be of interest - Baedeker Map of the City Centre - from 1902 - this copy was printed 1906.

Ian.

No dates with the maps I am suposing they date from early18C through to the late 20th, most interesting and informative.

Birmingham 1874 - from Black's guide to England and Wales, Edinburgh, Adam and Charles Black .</B>

Not the best of quality.

Ian.

Back