• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mansells transport Watery Lane.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
:confused2: Does anyone remember Stensons Mansells and GB Knights transport in Watery Lane Small Heath?. Jean. :confused2:

Hi Jean,I remember Mansells Transport,big blue vans.Bottom of Watery Lane by Lawley Street.In 1962 I was driving for Southalls in Alum Rock and Mansels did some contract work for us when we were so busy that our own vans could'nt cope with it all.Happy days.
Regards,Bryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was engaged to the owners son when I was sweet sixteen. Mr Gibbons owned it and his close friend was a manager at Southalls. Went to Teneriffe on holiday many years ago and he [the son] had the apartment opposite. Small world. Jean.

i used to work for mansells transport bottom of watery lane,we used to deliver to halfords shops and southalls,mr gibbons was living at perry barr at the time.regards al:smile2:

Back