• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mackie & Gladstone

samhistory

Brummie babby
Hello Overton, thanks, i was aware of the off-licence business run by Gladstones & Ivie Mackie, brother of James, who i'm writing a book about. Do you have your grandmother's albums?or any other memorabilia. i'd love to talk coz i'm trying to trace material linking the two families; i'm on 02075852345, Sam Parkhouse

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Sam. I suggest you don’t give your phone number as it might attract unwanted contact. Instead, anyone wishing to contact Sam please use the ‘conversation’ (small envelope) facility above. Thanks.

Good luck with the book, Viv.

9E41A04F-B2E6-4E02-BF24-3D53FEA1642B.jpeg

overtonman

Brummie babby
Hello Overton, thanks, i was aware of the off-licence business run by Gladstones & Ivie Mackie, brother of James, who i'm writing a book about. Do you have your grandmother's albums?or any other memorabilia. i'd love to talk coz i'm trying to trace material linking the two families; i'm on 02075852345, Sam Parkhouse
Hi. Only I think 3-4 photos which can be forwarded to you via the forum. I am away next week but will sort something out after. No other memorabilia just handed down info from my family. Regards Overtonman

overtonman

Brummie babby
Hi. 4 photos, first shows gardeners at Eastcote Grange, second is a staff photo (my grandmother second on left) third looks like a wedding party at the same place but I don't know for sure, last one is the front of the grange with what appears to be a family member. All will have been taken from around 1898 to 1904.