• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

M I's - St Peter & St Paul, Aston

N

Nephrititi

My Great Grandparents - John and Elizabeth Harper, were, according to my Mother, buried at Aston Parish Church (in or around the mid 1940's - haven't yet found exact dates of death for both of them).

Having been mooching around the Huminex web site I found a page listing Monumental Inscriptions for
St Peter & St Paul.

This showed that a John Harper and Elizabeth Harper were buried there - and also an Alfred John Harper (I know they had a son called Alfred (who died c1922).

At the top of this page it states Fiche number I039 sold by BMSGH.

Does this mean it is only availabe on film as opposed to CD.

Or does any one know if the these records are availabe at Birmingham Central Library.

Harper,s Monumental Inscriptions

Hello Nephrititi :) I would think that & other M I fiche,s would be in
Archives at B,ham Central Library, try there 1st then if not E-m
BMSGH as they may also have this on a CD as a collection of many M I,s

Incidently; I have a GG,Uncle on my Maternal line (Morgan)to HARPER
Have not researched this side-branch but maybe of interest to "Us".

1st July 1897 Joseph Wm Morgan 24 marry Edith Florence Harper 21
Her father a Joseph Harper, Bricklayer (Deceased)
Harper,s address at 42 Holte Road, Aston
Witness,s Henry & Mary Eliz Littlejohns,

Just thought i would mention this as you may have more info &
maybe (hopefully) have or find a connection with above,
Cheers & best regards John Y :cool:

Hi John

Thanks for the suggestion. I will ring the library and enquire and also e mail BMSGH to see if they have the info on CD.

Incidently, my Harper ancestors were originally from Claverley in Shropshire (1800). My G G Grandfather Henry moved to Bentley Common in 1860, then Aston late 1860's, to Coventry 1875 and Foleshill 1900.

His son John was my G G Grandfather who returned to Aston in the early 1900's.

I have not come across the names you mentioned - but if I do will let you know.

Regards

Back