• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lynne webbs birthday meal at the bull

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks i took lynne for a meal at the bull today to finish off her birthday...thing is she did not expect a few others to be joining us..i have never known lynne lost for words before..speechless as she walked in the pub lol....sorry lynne it had to be done...glad everyone had a good time...i will post a few piccies i took later on...

lyn x

just a few pics i took i think a couple of other people took some so they may post them later on... oh and not one person fell down the step this time lol

lynne looking at the wonderful painting of aston hall that eric gave her

Attachments

• LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 001.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 001.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 73
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 003.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 003.JPG
    563.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
few more

Attachments

• LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 006.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 006.JPG
    620.8 KB · Views: 81
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 008.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 008.JPG
    581.4 KB · Views: 73
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 009.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 009.JPG
    583.6 KB · Views: 76
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 011.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 011.JPG
    569.8 KB · Views: 72
last few...lynnes birthday cake off the girls with a pic of her beloved house in hospital st on it....lynne was not leaving without her balloons either lol...great time thanks everyone for turning up

Attachments

• LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 007.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 007.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 61
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 016.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 016.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 61
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 018.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 018.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 63
  • LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 019.JPG
    LYNNES 70TH AT THE BULL 019.JPG
    666.5 KB · Views: 72
We had a good time Lyn, Thanks for all your efforts. Shame about mikejee, Hope he gets everything sorted out.

Terry

We had a good time Lyn, Thanks for all your efforts. Shame about mikejee, Hope he gets everything sorted out.

Terry

great to see you both terry it was a joint effort by all..for those maybe wondering mikejee is ok but he got into brum jumped a taxi from the station and i think jim said he dropped his wallet in the taxi with not much chance of finding it...had to dash off to cancel his cards etc so could not stay..rotton luck...i am going to phone him in a bit..

Congrats to Lynne. Looks like a lovely gathering for you.

Hands off the cake Maurice I want it. I had rellies living at one of those houses, so I have a rightful claim! ! I think I could find some tenuous link to Aston Hall too and maybe make a legit claim for that there lovely painting of Eric's too! What a smashing surprise 'do' for Lynne.

I guess you didn't need the tin'at after all then Lyn. And hope all's well with Mike.

Viv.

Well today was brilliant to see moms face when she realised how many people were there. I think she has forgiven us for all the plotting we did. Thank you all for making moms birthday even better.

I hope Mike is able to sort his cards and stuff out

kelly

Thank you for your good wishes. All cards cancelled etc. No-one tried to use them. Glad things went well for Lynne. That's the most important thing - they she (and you all) had a good day

Im glad you all had a lovely time. Happy Birthday Lynne.

Glad you got sorted out Mikejee, such a long journey for you to end the way it did.

Glad you enjoyed your day Lynne and hope the lamb shank was up to its usual high standard.
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU and I'm so sorry I couldn't join you all, but I'm really rather poorly and you wouldn't have noticed if I collapsed at the bar (usual scenario)!
Mike I'm glad everything was sorted, after a fashion. Pain in the botty though eh?
OK back to the bedcave to shiver and shake.

Had a lovely time. Thanks to everyone and hope Lynne enjoyed the surprise. I felt very sorry for Mike having to leave even before Lynne arrived.

Glad you enjoyed your day Lynne and hope the lamb shank was up to its usual high standard.
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU and I'm so sorry I couldn't join you all, but I'm really rather poorly and you wouldn't have noticed if I collapsed at the bar (usual scenario)!
Mike I'm glad everything was sorted, after a fashion. Pain in the botty though eh?
OK back to the bedcave to shiver and shake.

get well soon charlie...wouldnt mind but i had saved you a table to slide under lol...hoping to get a slice of that cake of lynnes...she lives close to me so no excuses...

lyn

Well what a lovely surprise, for once I was speechless. Big thank you for coming and the lovely cards and gifts. Special thanks to Lyn, Kelly and Vicki for arranging everything.
Mike, thank you for your card and present, sorry to have missed you but glad you have sorted your cards out. Charlie, the lamb shanks were superb. get well soon.
Once again a Big thank.
Lynne xx

Glad my practical skills weren't needed after all - the bets were on for Lynne killing Kelly and/or Vicky or having heart failure herself lol. lovely to see everyone again, mom really enjoyed her time out.
Happy birthday Lynne!
Sue

get well soon charlie...wouldnt mind but i had saved you a table to slide under lol...hoping to get a slice of that cake of lynnes...she lives close to me so no excuses...

lyn

Seems I have non-viral pneumonia. Well, that'll put an end to my galivanting for a while.
Mind. I always was a "monia" and it'll be good to have something "pneu" to monia about!
I'll get me coat.

Lovely to see everyone and glad that Mike got sorted. Sorry he couldn't join in the festivities though.
Is Lynne doing her Tommy Cooper impression here?

Lynne 70th at the Bull (1500 x 844).jpg

smashing to see you and chris david and sue and mom too...love the photo did you take it just like that ?? lol

you take care of yourself charlie..x

just to let you know that mike has got his wallet back...it was handed into an off licence on constitution hill..the owner of the shop found a prescription in it phoned his doctor and mikes doctor phoned him...no money of course but the personal things that mike did not want to lose were still there...as mike said how very kind of the owner to go to all that trouble to track him down..just goes to show there are still decent folk about...

That is great news about mike's wallet, shame about the money. At least there are some descent people about.

Thanks Dave. Glad Mike got his wallet back, shame about the money but nice to know there are some caring folk about.

just to let you know that mike has got his wallet back...it was handed into an off licence on constitution hill..the owner of the shop found a prescription in it phoned his doctor and mikes doctor phoned him...no money of course but the personal things that mike did not want to lose were still there...as mike said how very kind of the owner to go to all that trouble to track him down..just goes to show there are still decent folk about...
Yes, well done.

these were sent to me the other day by someone ready with a camera as i shovelled lynne in the door the look on her face when she realised she was not there for the quiet dinner for 2 we had planned lol.

Attachments

• P1030108.JPG
    P1030108.JPG
    525.8 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030109.JPG
    P1030109.JPG
    587.9 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030110.JPG
    P1030110.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030112.JPG
    P1030112.JPG
    559.7 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030113.JPG
    P1030113.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 27
few more..photo 3 is one of me and the only reason ive posted it is because its all fuzzy lol

Attachments

• P1030116.JPG
    P1030116.JPG
    523 KB · Views: 28
  • P1030117.JPG
    P1030117.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030119.JPG
    P1030119.JPG
    516.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1030120.JPG
    P1030120.JPG