• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lucas products and services

The other premises for A T Gittins was on Aston Road north called UNIMAG, Universal, Magneto and Electrical, Diesel services. There was another depot in Worcester called Auto, Electrical, Services.
I do apologise i think it was either Car Lighting or Car Electrical Services . Was there a A T Gittins on the Mosely road on the left hand side heading out of the city.

simms motor units devon st nechells
180px-Im194804AE-SimmsMotors.jpg

I was recruited in 1989 to Join Lucas Engineering and Systems Ltd in Shirley, based at the Research Centre. This was headed up by Professor John Parnaby, http://www.valuedrivendesign.co.uk/managementguide/frontmatter.aspx and we ran the mainframes, across the UK and also had 400 engineers going out to do Manufacturing systems redesign taskforces, across Lucas sites and those of suppliers and customers. The techniques used would later be called "lean manufacturing". LE&S ltd was later bought by CSC (a computer science company) who ran the mainframes. By that time I'd left and gone to Lucas NSF in Keighley (Which is now NSF controls) and then Lucas in Burnley (Now part of TRW).

Back