• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas Memories site

dennis

master brummie
I would like to congratulate Jackie Hill on her Lucas website,
having just finished reading "LUCAS Birmingham & Beyond" by Gordon Bunce, I found the site very interesting,althoughI have no connection with the firm.
Well done Jackie

Hi

just to let you know Jackie Hill's web site has now in
Carl words a bostin site of Forman's Road.
Jackie Hills work is important and all the help you can
give her on Memories Photo's Sports Day's of the
Lucas Empire will be used.
Little written about Forman's Road Sparkhill.
I lived at 156 Forman's Road for a while and spent
18 month's there in Work Study.(ouch)
Just hop out of bed and into the Office.
One day I forgot my Lunch and I had a Phone call
over the Tanoy asking me to go to Reception while I was on
a study. There was Nan in reception bawling me out you forgot
this like everything else you do. Good old Nan I thought
the truth alway's hurt. That was Nan straight as a Die.

Mike

I understand our very own Jackie Hill is on Chinny soon, maybe this sunday. Best of luck Jackie

Congratulations to Jackie Hil on the launch of her Lucas Website.

I'm sure over the coming months Jackie will add some fantastic content, so if your an ex-Lucas employee or just an interested party, you wont be dissapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex Lucas Employee

Lucas site is great,I worked 18 years at Marshal Lake/shaftsmoor Lane I remember so many of the people on the photo's. I check back now and again to see if any more have been added. It was a lovely place to work,shame we have lost all these large firms.

We have now reached our second Birthday http://www.lucasmemories.co.uk/site/

I would like to thank everybody who has contributed photos and memories to the site and the people that have help me over the last 2 years, because without these there would be no site

Jackie

Last edited by a moderator:
:MusicMarchingBand::greatbritainflag::biggrin::MusicStereo02: Jackie, Congratulations on the Second Birthday of Lucas Memories and i hope many more Birthdays to come Cheers Len.

My mother Mrs B.Butler was a nurse at Lucas for a while in the '70s?Not sure where.But she had to check on the workers in the Plating shop.
The men also kept her Morris Traveller car going!Brand new it was not one of BMC's best products!

Back