• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas Marshall Lake Road Shirley

oldmangonewest

proper brummie kid
Hello

My Dad, Ray Nutting used to work for Lucas, initially at Shaftmoor Lane between the late 1940's and the late 1950's and again after a gap at Marshall Lake Road (I don't know when he started there) until his retirement in the mid 1970's. I came across these photos, which Lucas people may like to see.

The first is one taken of a wedding celebration - date unknown - I assume taken at Marshall Lake Road - my dad is obscured from view standing to the left of the table.
The second is at a Setters course (whatever that was!) - again date unknown. I don't think it's at Marshall Lake Road - I know he did some training at Great Hampton Street and I'd welcome views to confirm whether this was the case. My Dad is stood on the back row second from the right. I have absolutely no idea of any other names.

Lucas_Wedding_gifts-Net.jpg

Lucas_Setter_Course-Net.jpg

Gt Hampton Street was certainly where the Apprentice school was based also training courses were held there as well.

Hello

My Dad, Ray Nutting used to work for Lucas, initially at Shaftmoor Lane between the late 1940's and the late 1950's and again after a gap at Marshall Lake Road (I don't know when he started there) until his retirement in the mid 1970's. I came across these photos, which Lucas people may like to see.

The first is one taken of a wedding celebration - date unknown - I assume taken at Marshall Lake Road - my dad is obscured from view standing to the left of the table.
The second is at a Setters course (whatever that was!) - again date unknown. I don't think it's at Marshall Lake Road - I know he did some training at Great Hampton Street and I'd welcome views to confirm whether this was the case. My Dad is stood on the back row second from the right. I have absolutely no idea of any other names.

View attachment 74177

View attachment 74178
Hello

View attachment 74177

View attachment 74178

Hi just thought I would send some pictures of My Dad at Lucas Marshall lake road Shirley
Regards Mike M

Attachments

• IMG-20200501-WA0013-1.jpg
    IMG-20200501-WA0013-1.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20200501-WA0012-1.jpg
    IMG-20200501-WA0012-1.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20200501-WA0011-1.jpg
    IMG-20200501-WA0011-1.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 6
Back