• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas -forums Rd

astonboy

A brummie born and bred
Hi
My Aunt Nancy, worked at Forums Rd, and my Grandad worked as a night watchman at Forums Rd. His name was John Henry Harwood. Anybody remember them? They use to live on Norman Rd Accocks Green. My Granmother use to arrange visits during the war to see children who were evacuated. She continued to arrange day trips for her neighbours and friends by collecting old newspapers for the evening mail. Anybody remember her? her name was Maude Harwood.

Astonboy

tlittlebabs

Hi
My Aunt Nancy, worked at Forums Rd, and my Grandad worked as a night watchman at Forums Rd. His name was John Henry Harwood. Anybody remember them? They use to live on Norman Rd Accocks Green. My Granmother use to arrange visits during the war to see children who were evacuated. She continued to arrange day trips for her neighbours and friends by collecting old newspapers for the evening mail. Anybody remember her? her name was Maude Harwood
Astonboy
My Nan and Grandad both worked at Lucas , Grandad was at Formans Rd. Their names were Charlie and Ruth May and were also from Acocks Green. 77 Francis Rd. I grew up in Francis Rd too. I will ask my mother Doreen for you. She was born 22 Nov 1940 (terrible day for having a baby). Her first job when she left school was also at Lucas's. And I will look for some of Grandads photos and get back to you. Cheers Barbara