• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas B90 Fradley depot

gerry taylor

knowlegable brummie
Hi, my brother is Jeff Taylor who was a manager at Lucas's Fradley. I believe he worked at King Street and Solihull as well. Anyone remember him?

jonacs1

master brummie
I remember jeff taylor he gave us most of our work at gt king st when i worked for amalgamated cleaning services

lynnspence

knowlegable brummie
I worked as kitchen assistant at the fradley depot in 80s . another depot just down the road was called if i remember right the "B-90" does anyone remember this.

B

BernardR

I think the B90 designation was used by Lucas Service division for spares.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Bob Johnson

master brummie
The "Lucas B90" was the reconditioned spares such as wiper motors, starter motors, dynamos, etc that Joseph Lucas supplied. New items went to the car manufacturers. When a dynamo for instance failed it would be exchanged for a B90 unit which was much cheaper.

lynnspence

knowlegable brummie
A reconditioning plant perhaps, people used to say it was dirty work at the B-90.
In the summer months the workers would rush to the mucky duck , quickly drink a beer then rush back. so not to be late.

sidwho

master brummie
A reconditioning plant perhaps, people used to say it was dirty work at the B-90.
In the summer months the workers would rush to the mucky duck , quickly drink a beer then rush back. so not to be late.
the lucas shop was also where you could get the b90 exchange service for the workers as well