• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas History Video

R

Rod

The comments on this thread relate to this video. Misleadingly it has on some occasions been referred to as the Lucas Apprentice video. But it is a video of the history of Lucas.

Jackie that video is brilliant. I love it. What a tremendous addition to whats become a cracking site. Best wishes to all concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic video, a real piece of Birmingham, in fact British, history.
WELL DONE

Lovely film, the only person I recognised was Sammy Davis who was in charge of the L.E.S. or ( T.I.D. as it was when the film was made. )
I remember the P.T. on the roof in all weathers, and one night per week at Handsworth tech Gym for more P.T. That was in addition to any night school towards qualifications. ( a hard life for a 16yr old. )

Alf did you find the video, I wonder what you thought of it, isnt it good.

Edit. This link is broken, please see post #1 or #14 below. Please note any reference made to the “Apprentice Video” is referring to the Lucas History Video.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]gRsPH3Wo1gw[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - A History of Lucas[/ame] . Len.

ive just watched the aprentice video..what an amazing piece of footage...i loved the part where all the workers were piling out of gks...how well i remember seeing that as a young child...thanks for putting it on...

astoness:):):)

hi jackie..it just goes to show what little treasures can still be unearthed..and i hope there are more to come....

thanks again...its great....

lyn:)

Thanks Morturn. That confirms that it is the same video as that posted on the Lucas Memories site . Viv.

Back