• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lucas Aldridge Road, Perry Barr (Nr Lucas Sportsground)

Gill

My grandfather, Henry James Gill, worked for the Lucas factory for 30 years before retiring on ill health grounds at the age of 63 in about 1980. I understand he worked at the factory in Hockley before it moved to the site at Perry Barr. He recieived a gold plated watch for his years of service. I would be keen to locate any photographs of the Perry Barr site and hear any stories that people may have of working there.

Hi

Well once again another Thread lost in time. All those thousands of ex Lucas
Workers unable to help due to the stupid System of the way threads are constructed.
Yep still there under the Ownership of TRW Lucas sold out to them in respect to
Electronics.
Jackie Hill via Lucas Memories has a Super Web site but hasn't anything on this Plant.
Nearly gave up but thumbing through Gordon Bunces book I found Jackie and Betty's
retirement of 1985 and 1990. It shows the huge plant where your Grandad worked.
My cousin worked there for a number of years.
There are hundreds of threads that should be covered via LUCAS a Similar problem
exists with ICI IMI or variations of KYNOCHS.
I must admit your Title covers the Subject. I will post it on to Jackie Hill

Mike Jenks

Attachments

• scan0058.jpg
    scan0058.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 35
  • scan0059.jpg
    scan0059.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 35
Mike, neither myself or any of the moderators have any idea what you are talking about, our threads on here have nothing to do with Jackie Hills site which is managed by someone else.

Hi there Mike. The photos are great - a real snapshot in time. I'm sure my grandfather would have known them in some capacity! Thanks for posting my enquiry on to Jackie Hill.

Back