• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

Interesting to see the row of houses at the start of Villa Road that where there before they must have been demolished and the bank was built - I think it was a Lloyd's?

Interesting to see the row of houses at the start of Villa Road that where there before they must have been demolished and the bank was built - I think it was a Lloyd's?
hi sparks the houses were not demolished they are still there and the bank as seen in the aerial view...todays st view..just to add that villa road started and barker street and ran up to soho road..i had a friend who lived in one of those house back in the early 70s

Thanks @Astoness, I should have realised but i haven't been that way for a few years, just forgotten what the view was like! :rolleyes:
i wished i could remember which house my friend lived in :rolleyes: ...pretty certain the front door was on the right as you walked up the path and looking at how far i think it was from the old bank i am taking a guess it could have been no 51 with the white door...what i find sad is the loss of so many old houses in hall road..i was just taking a google walk down it and noticed that if we turn down hall road first on the left is called tollgate drive..nice touch just a shame we have lost so many old buildings..this is why i think these wonderful aerial shots are so important as they show us just what we have lost over the years

lyn

Last edited:
great shot john...would it be possible to take a shot showing numbers 254 to 258 lozells road which used to be bendalls other shop...thank you

lyn
Unfortunately Lyn the only photo with those shops on (front view) are really poor quality with no detail whatsoever.
The image with Bendall's corner was from a set showing the Denison factory (and thereabouts), they were brilliant quality.

Unfortunately Lyn the only photo with those shops on (front view) are really poor quality with no detail whatsoever.
The image with Bendall's corner was from a set showing the Denison factory (and thereabouts), they were brilliant quality.
ok john thanks for looking...

lyn

Back