• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lower Lawley Street

janetelfer

knowlegable brummie
I wonder if anyone has a photograph which includes 20-22 Lower Lawley Street and it's junction with Ivy Lane. These addresses housed the Midland Davy Lamp Works in the mid 1800s (discussed in the Trades section), before it was moved to Belmont Passage, and later was occupied and extended by Icke & Co, Confectioners. My fingers are crossed!

Can't help with your request but at least have bumped your post. I worked for a company that was based in Belmont passage in the sixties called T Baumber, they were commercial vehicle repairers and had a contract to supply Mechanics for Esso at Bromford lane. Hope you get some helpful replies soon.

Can't help with your request but at least have bumped your post. I worked for a company that was based in Belmont passage in the sixties called T Baumber, they were commercial vehicle repairers and had a contract to supply Mechanics for Esso at Bromford lane. Hope you get some helpful replies soon.

Hi nickcc101, what is your real name I worked at T.Baumber and Esso and Spencer Abbott. I was a contractor auto-electrician. Nice to hear from someone who worked at Baumber's.

names I remeber are Tommy Baumber, his son Thomas jnr, Len, Eric Haynes, Ron Misselbrook.

Hi nickcc101, what is your real name I worked at T.Baumber and Esso and Spencer Abbott. I was a contractor auto-electrician. Nice to hear from someone who worked at Baumber's.

names I remeber are Tommy Baumber, his son Thomas jnr, Len, Eric Haynes, Ron Misselbrook.
Hello Bob. Just to let you know that I've sent you a IM, I know some folks don't read them so thought I would just let you know that I've answered you.

Back