• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lovegrove, alfred

greywolf

hunter of ancestry
i looking for ALFRED LOVEGROVE brn 1898 solihull his parents move to birmingham where two more children are Annie and Amy the two girls move to canada
but ALFRED LOVEGROVE stay till his death around 1980s is there anyone who find out if he had children ...any help would be great thanks

I think they are on the 1911 census as LOVEGROW but transcribed on Ancestry as LoveZrow. Have you seen this?

Janice

N Janice i am not able to afford a sub to Ancestry....im also looking to see if alfred married and weather his decendents still in birmingham

if alfred had children they may still live around birmingham...an may be in the phone book an or on internet

I can't see a marriage or death listed for an Alfred Lovegrove in Birmingham or surrounding districts.

Are they the illegitimate children of Frederick Dodwell and Mary Lovegrove?

There's a tree on ancestry that seems to suggest this. There are a couple of marriages for an Alfred Dodwell in B'ham.

1901 census seems to confirm this.

mws yes but somewhere i the find him list in a site and i cannt remember where...i do know he kept the surrname lovegrove
as did his sisters

On the 1911 census they are listed as visitors and are with John Perks (whose wife is given as "in asylum") and a son Thomas Perks. Alfred is 14, Annie 13 and Amy 11.

I can't find a death in the Birmingham area.

Janice

thanks janice
is there away to see if there might be any lovegrove listed in the phone book .....cause they might be related to him

Back