• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

love lost

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
Lost love

I sit here on the sea shore looking for your star
To attach a thought to send to were you are
To toss another one on to a ripple in the sea
When it arrives you will know it's from me
My heart pounds like the waves on the sea shore
All I can ever think of is you, more and more
The sea mirrors the face of a glowing moon
As I await your thoughts, I hope it will be soon
The sea now runs so cold on this dark night
The moon scuds behind a cloud and lost to sight
Your thoughts have been lost, on this night of storm
Do I have to wait long for a new love to be reborn
I turn my back on this unrelenting sea of sorrow
Awaiting the sunlight to warm me for a new tomorrow

HI JOHN
THAT WAS FAB ;;I SENSE THAT WAS A TRUELY ROMANTIC POEM
AND AS I READ IT
I COULD VISUALIZE A ROMANTIC PERSON BEING STRANDED ON THE SHORE
SPEAKING FROM THE HART .AND MIND
THINKING OF , ONE,S LOST LOVE , ,
BRILLIANT JOHN

A lovely very sad poem nonetheless is has inspired me to write

In the meantime Johns lost love writes him a letter 
To be with people one loves to dream you are speaking to them not speaking to them thinking about them thinking of the most indifferent things but by their side.  Nothing else matters.  Oh mon amie how true it is  And it is also true that when one acquires such a habit it becomes a necessary part of ones existence.   I should know too in the past while that I sigh far away from you that you not being here any more that my happiness has departed.  However when I wake up in the morning I look for you it seems to me that half of myself is missing and that is too true.  Twenty times during the day I ask myself where you are judge how strong the illusion is and how cruel it is to see it vanish.  When I go to bed I dont fail to make room for you.  I push myself quite close to the wall and leave a great empty space in my small bed.  This movement is mechanical these thoughts are involuntary. 

The longest days are further away from the sun yet hotter so it has been with our love though we are parted it keeps its fervency and least in my case hoping in the like of yours.  Assuring you the pang of your absence is already great and well nigh intolerable.  How one accustoms oneself to happiness.  One only knows it when one has lost it and I am sure we have only learnt how to appreciate each other since the thunderbolt parted us.

When in my room I stare at my face in the glass and wonder how this can happen. I love you and will always love you thank God I can tell you that at least.  My Dear John the source of our tears has not dried up. We cannot become healed we have enough in our hearts to love always and because of that enough to weep always

Let us speak the truth itself that this delicate sentiment whatever one might say is the nature of tender love Would you not John be in despair if he thought is Love was consoled

The lady posted it.  The next morning she hurriedly dressed ran downstairs in the sudden expectation there was a letter from him there was none.

Maybe be one would come in the second post He would have already got hers and read it. She left the river and went to look

Who could it be coming towards her down the little pathway which led from the station to the bottom of the garden
and then on to the green gate in the wall next door.   She stood still under the lilacs and may trees her heart pounding her limbs melting.  It was John in a white open shirt and grey flannels coming from the station.  He caught sight of her seemed to hesitate came on until he was quite close her pulses beating rapidly He took her in his arms and kissed her vowing no one would ever again come between them

"I turn my back on this unrelenting sea of sorrow" Maybe it is time to let go and let the sea and sky take care of her own.

Quite touching.

Love Lost…

‘Too late!’ he cried. ‘I have no soul.’
The winds slips away and, I am left.
Here I shall remain. In remorse? Yes.
And wondering.
What power did draw me therefore?
Who led me to those green depths?
And did it all come to no avail?
Or is she too shrouded in memories of that time past?

Back