• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Louis Castiglione

evacar52

knowlegable brummie
I am looking for census information (1881, 1891 or 1901) for Louis Castiglione possibly spelt Castigaloni. This person is listed an an executor on my great grandfather's will (William Heath) with the address of 55 Thomas Street, Aston and notation of Cycle Sundry Manager.

In Askern, Yorkshire in 1881 - Diamond Merchant & Importer

Birchfield Road, Handsworth in 1891 - Electroplate Manufacturer

Aston Road, Aston in 1901 - Cycle Accessory Manufacturer

Born 1851 Crowle, Lincs.

Last edited:
August 1889 Partnership disolved with Henry Parker and Co., Aston.
April 1900 involved in law suit in a divorce case (details available).
1891 another law case.

In Askern, Yorkshire in 1881 - Diamond Merchant & Importer

Birchfield Road, Handsworth in 1891 - Electroplate Manufacturer

Aston Road, Aston in 1901 - Cycle Accessory Manufacturer

Born 1851 Crowle, Lincs.
Thank you so much for the census information. It eluded me.

August 1889 Partnership disolved with Henry Parker and Co., Aston.
April 1900 involved in law suit in a divorce case (details available).
1891 another law case.
I would be interested in the details. As well as being an executor on my great grandfather's will (William Heath - 1848-1893) it appears Mr Castiglione came to Canada (Carbon, Alberta) at some point as he is involved in a dispute of land in 1909 with my great grandmother, Frances Martha Heath, William's wife. A letter from the Alberta government sides with my widowed grandmother and it appears that Mr. Castiglione, was using an alias (William Louis Heath) to claim this land. I have not found him in the 1906 census or the 1911 Canada census so perhaps his stay was brief.

Last edited:
There are a few interesting reports. Do you mind them being on the Forum, or by private message.

I don't think you can attach an attachment on the message system.

There are a few interesting reports. Do you mind them being on the Forum, or by private message.

I don't think you can attach an attachment on the message system.
I would love to receive the information and I will give you my email -
Thank you so much. Carol

Last edited:
hello carol we advise that you do not post private contact details on open forum for obvious reasons..it is always safer to send them to pedrocut via our private message system however you are welcome to leave your email address on open forum but at your own risk..if you decide to use the private message system you can edit out your email address

lyn

hello carol we advise that you do not post private contact details on open forum for obvious reasons..it is always safer to send them to pedrocut via our private message system however you are welcome to leave your email address on open forum but at your own risk..if you decide to use the private message system you can edit out your email address

lyn
Thanks Lyn. I removed my email but not quite sure how to use the private message system. Thanks for the heads up about private contact information.

Back