• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

LOST WORDS OF LOVE

Reginald.F.Horton

master brummie
LOST WORDS OF LOVE

Where are the soft words of love?
Spoken in the days of gone by
That would bring a tear to your eye

That melts a fair maiden’s heart
Have men forgotten this noble art

To be found in a love song now
The melodies still linger somehow

That men and women would croon
Hidden as the heavy metals boom

We would listen too with our ears
Love words that went on for years

Mindless bodies dancing high as kites
Amid the Smokey flashing lights
Lost in noise of the guitars wailing cry
It’s sex and drugs, now why oh why

So will these words of loves old refrain?
Return forever again to haunt our brain
If romance and love is forever to survive
By keeping these words of true love alive

Poem by R.F.Horton

Right! Reggie's thrown down the gauntlet with this one, so I'm going to have another shot at romantic. Don't think I'm capable of matching this one though... Nice one, Reg. :)

Shucks

Girls can you just imagine Kandor singing " A Bachelor GAY am I ? "
sorry Kandor but only LADIES appeal to me so I must turn down your offer of marriage okay
Reggie
:explode:

For Sale

One - unused - pink bridesmaid dress :roll:

PS - love the poem as always Reg

A love poem on a 'Reg' page

Now I'm older I think I finally know
How to say how soft your kisses.
Feel to me

Like that pedal on a piano..
That makes the strings gentle
I don't know it's name
But I can feel it in the air
and taste you on my lips..

Rosalyn, kiss me again..
So I can be sure.

Ros? Reggie? what is it with Les and lovers with names beginning with 'R'?
huh.gif

:DRight 'ol Rigmarole of Romance and Relationships this is turning out to be...

Reggie Rules Romance Rhymes :) :lol: :wink:

icon-valentines.gif

Chris :)

Its time once again Ladies for me to pluck on your heart strings and fly you up to heaven on Gossimer wings ,wine and dine you as angels sing , the nectar of the Gods will lift you high to dance in heavens clear blue sky ,dressed in your gowns made of pure white satin " To Sure La Mour "  :smitten:   Qando Qando qando  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Girls I know this jumble of words is something to do with love ?  :smitten:
Ladies I just wonder if these words will get Kandor & Oisin all stirred up   :knuppel2: :2funny: :smiley6600: :tickedoff:
Spiritual Light & Love Ladies  :smitten: O0 :angel:
Reggie   :smitten: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Reg i'm sure it will,coz you know how romantic those pair are ::) so watch this space.

Take care ;)

Reg, I missed this thread somehow but you are so right about romantic music, etc.
There are a few romantic songs about but generally it's ear splitting screaming by
singers who look very tortured.

Hello Jennyann
What I wanted to say was you dont hear sentimental songs , :smitten: sung anymore with the orchestra playing softly in the back ground ,now its all wham bang wallop crash ? :2funny: contorted
bodies playing guitars like demented demons :tickedoff: :uglystupid2: It maybe alright for the young ones but Its far to loud and noisey for use young Senior Citizans dont you think :2funny:
Spiritual Light & Love :smitten: :angel:
Reggie :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Reg, I am and have always been a lover of music of many kinds including the classics. Music which is pertinent to my era(i.e impressionable time in which music embedded itself permanently into my soul) is my music of choice at this stage in my life

My parents loved all kinds of music as well and my mother played the piano, learning from the age of three from her piano teacher in Deykin Avenue. We always had a piano in the house, the piano stool was stuffed with inherited sheet music most of which was beautifully illustrated with romantic scenes. Although, after lessons I couldn't master it, I always have admired anyone who could. Romantic films and musical films were the main stay of the cinema when I was growing up, therefore, the music from these mostly Hollywood created films is imprinted very well in my mind. I certainly enjoyed very much the rock and roll era and can still recite the year a song came out and who sang it, etc. I was definitely under the bed covers with my Perdio transistor radio listening to the Top Twenty on Radio Luxembourg in the early l960's.

There certainly have been some great romantic songs by contemporary singers over the last few years but beyond that I find the general music menu on offer not very entertaining and as you say delivered by people who don't seem to be having a good time It seems that lately the songs are full of cruel and demeaning words plus dreadfully profane language which is accepted by broadcasters now it seems....Gordon Ramsay's programmes are so popular on TV and he doesn't even sing!!! His language is fascinatingly dreadful for general consumption I fear.
My husband says I am old fashioned in this respect....about Gordon's flowery language as well as a lot of the contemporary music on offer.....so may be I am. I don't care.
I don't think this present generation will be humming too many of the latest rap songs three or four decades from now. If they like it that's fine by me though
Elton John has just announced today that he would like very much to do a Hip Hop album...I will reserve judgement on this, of course. I love Rod Stewart singing the old classics though....well, I would wouldn't I?

We visit my wife's elderly mother in Brockville Ontario quite often and on the way home we can get a station on the radio that plays only old hits. It's wonderfull. It seems to me that on our way home one night we listened to: Pet Clark (Down Town) Jim Croce, spelling?(Have To Say I Love You in a song) Nat King Cole (If I Give My Heart) a great version of Little Boxes, Desert Pete and much more. We enjoyed the programme so much we sat in the car on the driveway when we arrived home so that we would not miss anything.
Regards

Back