• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

lost regimental number

Helen G

Almost a Brummie
My father in law, Kenneth David Grist, was a captain in the Royal Artillery from about 1940 till the end of the war. Until recently we had a document with his regimental number on it but we seem to have mislaid it, just as we were about to send off for his record of service.

Our local library has copies of the army list but the issues that cover 1940-46 are missing so we were unsuccessful when we searched there today.

Does anyone have access to the army list for these dates?

I would be really grateful for any information

Helen

Helen,

I really do not know but the fact that the 1940 to 1946 army lists are missing from your local library suggests to me that they were probably not issued due to the war,

Old Boy

When we were up in Birmingham library last year my husband found Kenneth in the Army list book they had there so I suspect the copy in our local library in Bath has been "borrowed".

Trouble is, I have been seriously ill since January and not fit to travel far a field at the moment, certainly not as far as Brum.

Helen

Back