• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lost Photobucket Pics 'courtyards And Yards Of Brum'

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldMohawk

gone but not forgotten
Note: Many photos in the original 'Courtyards and Yards of Brum' thread started by Astoness (Lyn) were linked to Photobucket who recently changed the terms and replaced the pics with their 'third party' images as can be seen in the original thread https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/courtyards-and-yards-of-brum.40378/
The pics have been extracted out of Photobucket and temporarily put in this thread complete with many of the original comments. (THE PHOTOS HAVE NOW BEEN REPLACED INTO THE ORIGINAL THREAD)
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#1
hi folks thought this thead may compliment dennis williams great passages and alleyways thread...back to the days when homes were just not fit for habitation by todays standards...its all to do with social history of course and thats the way it was and folk knew no different..life has evolved at lot since those days and who knows what it will be like in a couple of hundred years time... lyn..
Pic1
1--img272.jpg

Pic2 chappel terrace..saltley road
1--img157.jpg

Pic3
1--img109-1.jpg

Pic4
1--img073-1.jpg

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#2
Pic1 nos 3.4 5 and 6 court 7 cheapside..circa 1905
2--img991-1.jpg

Pic2 (missing) court in cromwell st..duddeston circa 1905
IMG Photobucket won't release this pic2 at the moment ... I'll get it when they are not looking ... :D
img933.jpg

Pic3 yard in milk st 1950s...demolished 1955
2--img934.jpg

Pic4 back of 131 fazeley street.. circa 1905
2--img933.jpg

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#3
Pic1 courtyard in digbeth..circa 1905
3--img605.jpg

Pic2 this pic was shown to the small heath history society who are pretty sure that this pic is of arthur st ..there is a memorial plaque on the wall to honour those who died in ww1
3--img604.jpg

Pic3
2 court tower street..
3--img603.jpg

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#4
Pic1 yard in digbeth..circa 1910...ive looked closely and on the right it looks like there is a pile of the steel bands that were around the large barrels...could be they made them here...
4--img602.jpg

Pic2 court no 7 william st..circa..1905
4--img601.jpg

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#29
Pic1
keep your yard and courtyard pics coming folks...love looking at them..here are a few more i have...one or two may have been posted before on other threads like this first one of num 1 court thomas st circa 1882 soon to be demolished for the cutting of corporation st..
29--img998.jpg

Pic2 children playing in a yard in brum..no location dated 8th aug 1956
29--img997-1.jpg

Pic3 playing near the brew house court no 10 back of 42/45 cecil st..
img996.jpg

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#53
Pics are in Lyns (Astoness's) Private Photobucket Library so not accessible to me ... you can see from Lyn's comments they were interesting !

3 of my own yard pics here...back of 12 paddington st where i was born in our nans house...when i look at these pics the years just seem to melt away..i remember it so well...

Pic1
our mom...

Pic2
our dad playing darts...the shared toilets behind him and the brewhouse further up by the mangle..

Pic3
how many son in laws would be this brave today never mind in the early 50s lol...

Last edited:
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#326

yard in freeth st...ladywood
326--Back20yard20in20Freeth20Street_.jpg

Last edited:
That's the lot although there are some Photobucket pics in the thread which have been deleted by the members who posted them and cannot be seen.
Also the 3 private pics in post#8 (this thread) which is post#326 (original thread).

Last edited:
still think that pic 1 on post 6 has some very dodgy looking characters :D

lyn

Good morning viv
yes indeed they are a great selection to be viewed great bit of work old mowhawk
and great to lynn and phil i entirely agree a great selection so take a look fellow members
best wishes Astonian,,,, Alan,,

Note: Many photos in the original 'Courtyards and Yards of Brum' thread started by Astoness (Lyn) were linked to Photobucket who recently changed the terms and replaced the pics with their 'third party' images as can be seen in the original thread https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/courtyards-and-yards-of-brum.40378/
The pics have been extracted out of Photobucket and temporarily put in this thread complete with many of the original comments. (THE PHOTOS HAVE NOW BEEN REPLACED)
Courtyards and yards of brum from Post#1
hi folks thought this thead may compliment dennis williams great passages and alleyways thread...back to the days when homes were just not fit for habitation by todays standards...its all to do with social history of course and thats the way it was and folk knew no different..life has evolved at lot since those days and who knows what it will be like in a couple of hundred years time... lyn..
Pic1
1--img272.jpg

Pic2 chappel terrace..saltley road
1--img157.jpg

Pic3
1--img109-1.jpg

Pic4
1--img073-1.jpg

lovely looking thru these photos..... so am now hoping that there are still some photos around of the following(for my ancestry files!) - Trafalgar terrace, Latimer St (circa 1901), Owen St (Circa 1910), Brighton Terrace, Hope St (circa 1910-1920), Whitehead St (Circa 1920), Pickford St (Circa 1920's30's) any of this???

....and then in the 1950's - am assuming it was a newly built area (to replace bombed houses?) Dart St - just down from the Brum City football club!!

Please note this thread only shows the recovered Photobucket pics which were lost in 2017 from the Courtyards and Yards of Brum thread. They have all been replaced in their original posts in the Courtyards and Yards of Brum which has the full complement of pics so it is best to view pics there. Click the link below to go to the last page in the original thread...
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...ourtyards-and-yards-of-brum.40378/post-622981

If you are able to post them Carolyn, lease post them in the thread linked below as this thread was intended to be temporary I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back