• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lost my best mate.

Harry Flashman

knowlegable brummie
Sorry for your loss Smudger. Losing a four legged family member is heartbreaking. In time, the feelings of loss will be replaced by fond memories.

Elmdon Boy

master brummie
Smudger, I can feel your pain in your post. How sad, but you gave him a good life I'm sure.
No shame in crying, shows your a man with compassion and feeling which is a very commendable attribute.

bewdley

master brummie
So sorry to hear your sad news. I dread the day it happens to us again. You love them and lose them and we do it time and time again though it doesn't make it any easier.

ade

master brummie
I lost my beautiful boxer dog earlier this year Mack, 14 years old, he had his dinner, went for a snooze on the sofa and didn't wake up. He was such a beautiful dog and companion and if there was ever a way I would have wanted him to go this was it, no suffering just with his dreams. Miss him so much even after all these months

Smudger

master brummie
I lost my beautiful boxer dog earlier this year Mack, 14 years old, he had his dinner, went for a snooze on the sofa and didn't wake up. He was such a beautiful dog and companion and if there was ever a way I would have wanted him to go this was it, no suffering just with his dreams. Miss him so much even after all these months
ade, I feel your pain, it was good that Mack died peacefully in his sleep. My Hamish died in pain due to a misdiagnosis by our vet. My wife & son recently bought me a Westie pup, & although he`s a bundle of mischief he`s helping me to cope.

ade

master brummie
ade, I feel your pain, it was good that Mack died peacefully in his sleep. My Hamish died in pain due to a misdiagnosis by our vet. My wife & son recently bought me a Westie pup, & although he`s a bundle of mischief he`s helping me to cope.
I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to see your Hamish go through that, hopefully over the next few months the new dog will help take that pain away. I don't think I'll be getting another at this moment in time the memories of Mack are still very strong and I don't know how I would feel with another dog. I wish you all the best my friend, and thanks for sharing your story, your topic heading is perfect "best mate" because nothing ever comes close to the love a dog will give you.

brenda barr

master brummie
W have all experienced that very real pain of loosing a pet..a few years ago we had to have my husbands best mate a daschund Fritz put to sleep ..we were all heart broken but my husband Ron took it real hard...so after a couple of weeks my son and l brought home another Daschund as a surprise not knowing how Ron would react...well it was the best thing we did the dog is still with us and Sid and Ron are attached at the hip and go everywhere together even to the bathroom.

JackiePritchatt

master brummie
So sorry for your loss of Hamish. He's your soul mate first thing to greet you in the mornings. They are mans best friend and a huge part of the family, they comfort you when your down. Always in your heart, but sadly missed.