• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lost in Time

Mo, Roberts is on Corporation Street on the right hand side, close to New Street and not too far up from it.

And Here's another picture of Rex Johnsons/Brecknells, on the corner of the Arcade leading off Union Passage.

odj8z

That is incredible Jennyann, and the fact they would ask people to pay again for something they had paid for. And then to find out it was flawed that would be disappointing. :(

My father, his father and his grandfather were diamond setters, so I have to admit I have never felt confident in going to a jewellers shop for anything with precious stones.

I know Nathan's as my husbands uncle was a watch maker there, John has a watch still that his Uncle Fred gave him. It was a very good store, I wonder whether it is still there? :)

Mo

I was going to ask if it was on Corporation Street but I was afraid I was getting the names of the streets mixed up. Also I was not sure which streets are still there.

That is a nice picture, C&A was just down the passage wasn't it?

My favourite store when I was in my teens, the prices were right. O0

Back